miller22

'Aluminum Empires' Screenshots

Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:29 pm

Finally I've taken the time to save some of the work into image form and put up a quick and dirty webpage for you to view screenshots. Warning! These screenshots are of a work in progress, so there are plenty of cosmetic problems.

As far as the game title, I kinda like the name Aluminum Empires, but I'm still accepting suggestions.

http://www21.brinkster.com/airliner/aluminumempires/empires.html

apuneger

RE: 'Aluminum Empires' Screenshots

Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:41 pm

Nice. Is this going to be a standalone program? It appears to be an online game, since it has that sort of layout.

The name is not bad, but if I were you I'd try to come up with another name. If you ask an outsider what would be the subject of a game called 'Aluminium Empires', what do you think are the chances that he might say 'oh yeah, that's gotta be aviation'? Get my point?

I mean, I know you're trying to be original and stuff, but you have to go for a more aviation-related name. The 'empires' thing sounds OK, but if I were you I'd replace the word 'aluminium' with a more aviation related word. 'Aluminium' sounds too much like some sort of factory...

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

mirrodie

Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:16 am

HOly cow, I can't read the damn print. TOO TINY! Are you trying to sell me a USED JALOPY???
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

doug_or

Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:47 am

I'm guessing the text was degraded in the screenshots, maybe through resizing?...

anyway, looking good, I'm very happy to see the manufacturers have set delivery slots and can negociate price....

Doug
PDX/LAF
When in doubt, one B pump off

patdaddy

Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:55 am

the text is fine, crystal clear here once you maximize the screenshots.
if your browser is set to fit the whole image on the screen then of course you wont be able to read the text.

i like the name dude, its original... it looks very promising, ill look forward to this one.

keep up the good work