Sun May 04, 2003 5:40 am

hej folks,
is the terrace @ FRA airport open?
thanx a lot
benni

eddgge

RE: Visitor Terrace In FRA

Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:24 am

I am wondering the same, is it still open? I'm going there soon.

CVGpilot

Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:39 am

yes it is, it opens at 08 local, and there is a small charge. Try FRAport.com or .de
Globally Yours

fraspotter

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:53 am

Actually they are both closed. I was just there and they won't allow people there from now on. I was quite disappointed when I went there and got turned away because they said it has been closed for a while. Both Terminal 1 and 2 are now closed. Sucks for all of us, but I guess it is because of security concerns, because when people go out there, they are right there by the aircraft.
"Drunk drivers run stop signs. Stoners wait for them to turn green."

canberra

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:47 am

I am very surprised |:-?

The below is taken from:

http://www.frankfurt-airport.de/cms/default/rubrik/2/2222.htm
-> Faszination Airport -> Offerings for Visitors -> Visitors Terrace

Visitors Terrace

Watch take-offs and landings, get a close-up view of aircraft being loaded and unloaded, and discover new perspectives. The observation deck on the Visitors Terrace at Terminal 1 offers visitors an especially good view.
Take the opportunity to ride the electronically controlled Skyline people mover for free to Terminal 2. During the ride you will have another breathtaking view of the airfield.

Individual tours

A 45-minute view behind the scenes. Individual tours start directly from the Visitors Terrace ...

Hours of operation

November - February 10.00 AM - 18.30 PM
March - October 8.00 AM - 20.30 PM

Last admission 30 minutes before closing.

Entrance fee EUR 3.

Can someone confirm closure of the terrace? Yes I know there has been a lot of talk about it but according to FRAport the reconstruction have been cancelled as far as I know.

/Michael
It takes courage to push things forward . . (Mo Mowlam)

canberra

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:51 am

Well I see their info is not really up to date, as the Terminal 2 Terrace is closed for sure.

I am still pretty convinced the Terminal 1 Terrace is still open (with metal detectors, body search and everything)

Any news, Michael (going on Friday)
It takes courage to push things forward . . (Mo Mowlam)

fraspotter

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:05 pm

The one in Terminal 1 is also closed. They still have a guard at the enterance just to tell people that it is closed. They have also been taking down the signs in the terminals that say visitors terrace so people will know that it is closed. I don't know if this is perminant or temporary, because it has been closed down for quite a while now.
"Drunk drivers run stop signs. Stoners wait for them to turn green."