YKM97Y
Topic Author

Unable To Taxi To Gate At CDG

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:53 am

Continuing my round-the-world flight in MFS2K2 in my trusty DL 734 to experience Ultimate Traffic. Last hop was IFR, LHR to CDG. Straightforward flight, but once I landed at CDG and was connected to ground, the only option they'd give me was to select "request taxi for takeoff". There was no option to request taxi to parking or the gates. Anyone else have this problem? Or is France just not welcoming Americans right now?  Smile

Continental

RE: Unable To Taxi To Gate At CDG

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:16 am

LOL! No, it means that all the gates and parking at the moment were occupied, and no longer available at the current moment. Not a lot of people notice how sweet it is! When that happens, I taxi to a remote area, and when an aircraft pulls out to go, the request taxi to parking reappears, and then I head over to that gate! They can't assign an occupied gate to you!

co

YKM97Y
Topic Author

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:47 am

If the gates were full (and they certainly appeared to be), then that's a pretty good testament to how well Ultimate Traffic is working. Best upgrade I've ever done for MFS.

Sinlock

Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:41 am

You think thats bad,

Try taxing anywhere at CDG when you have Airport 2002 installed. When you get near the runways the taxiways turn to mush and you really have to kick in the throttles. I think it's because of bad "Flatten" in the airports .bgl file.

I have also seen this at DFW and spots at the others, but not as bad as whats seen at CDG.

Continental

Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:11 pm

Plus if you land after an aircraft, and there's one open gate, that aircraft is going to get it before you! Happended to me at MSP! There was one gate left, and I landed after a NWA 757, but that damn 757 claimed the gate, so I waited until finally a DC-9 pulled out!

co