vafi88

Looking To Start Flying R/C Aircraft...Help Please

Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:09 am

Hello, I would like to start flying Radio controlled aircraft, I have gone down to the local hobby shop to see what's going on and have found several planes for under 100$.... the thing is, I'd like one to last me a bit while I figure out how to fly them...

Any help greatly appreciated.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

atlamt

RE: Looking To Start Flying R/C Aircraft...Help Please

Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:53 pm

www.modelaircraft.org/

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is worth joining and will make your flying much more enjoyable. They will help you find a local club and instructor who can recommend a plane that they have experience with and can help you learn to fly. Just remember crashes are part of learning. Good Luck
Fwd to MCO and Placard

zrb2

RE: Looking To Start Flying R/C Aircraft...Help Please

Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:39 pm

Go buy a prebuilt electric R/C plane first like the Hitec Sky Scooter and learn how to maneuver these things. They are much more forgiving on crashes and putting on replacement props is easy (because you inevitably break many props when learning to fly R/C).
When you have the confidence flying them, it's easier to go to the more powerful gas powered planes.
Also, the gas planes are regulated to flying in certain areas and you usually have to join a local R/C club to use their field. The electrics can be flown at any open grassy area, or ball field. no dues required.