planespotterx

Need Egcc Scenery FS2002

Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:48 am

Does anybody know where i can get a free-ware file of Manchester Airport from, with all the scenery and textures included, ive searched everywhere in vain.
Thank You
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

jwenting

RE: Need Egcc Scenery FS2002

Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:18 pm

You've searched in vain because there are 2 decently priced commercial packages that are very good indeed and everyone who would take the time to make a freeware version comes there enough to find it worth buying one of those.

It's similar to the situation in Germany where anyone flying there a lot will have purchased the German Airports series and not spend time in trying to make his own.

Expect this situation to be seen a lot more as creating scenery that won't get you deaththreats because there's a building placed a meter out or position and textured in the wrong shade of pink is getting ever harder and takes ever more time (yes, this happens and people are leaving the hobby because of it).
I wish I were flying

Demoose

RE: Need Egcc Scenery FS2002

Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:40 pm

To be honest i'd just pay for a scenery package, for 15 pounds its worth the initial cost if you can't find a decent freeware package. Have a look at http://www.justflight.com They have 2 which include Manchester, one has other international airports too, the other includes all the main UK airports and the EGCC scenery is superb! Online ordering aswell, so its pretty simple.
If you need anymore help feel free to contact me  Smile

Regards
Mark
Take a ride...fly across the sky