soontobepilot

Fsuipc And Afcad In FS2002

Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:12 am

Hello,

I have just donloaded AFCAD and FSUIPC V3.10, as well as Traffic Tools, so I can learn about creating custom AI traffic in FS2002. I have encountered a small problem, though. I can't get AFCAD and FS to link properly through FSUIPC - when I move the aircraft in FS, nothing changes in AFCAD. I think it might have something to do with needing to register (and pay for) FSUIPC. I already have the little lock symbol on in AFCAD, and have done some experimenting. I have a medium level of experience/confidence working with FS source code, etc. My questions: a) do you know if I might be able to fix it, and how b) Would an earlier version of FSUIPC.dll work, and if so, where can I get it?

Thanks to all the computer gurus out there!

-STBP

clrd2go

RE: Fsuipc And Afcad In FS2002

Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:42 am

you might try writing the creator of FSUIPC. If I had a copy of an older version I'd be happy to send it to you. I'm not certain of the connection between AFCAD and FSUIPC.

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

lehpron

Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:20 pm

"Thanks to all the computer gurus out there!"

Unfortunately, a large majority of the 'computer guros' you refer to are simply applicators who spend a large majority of their time using the same kind of application. Sorry for the rant, just my opinion, sorry I have no idea what AFCAD and FSUIPC are; are they patches or program enhancements?
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

soontobepilot

Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:15 am

Hello,

I have solved my problem. It involved obtaining a key-number to type into FSUIPC. Lehpron - I agree that "guru" status comes from extensive experience. There is nothing wrong with this, and as I don't spend enormous amounts of time using these applications, I felt it was a good idea to ask those that do. In response to your question, FSUIPC is a module that allows Flight Simulator to be controlled by or to control another program running seperately on the same computer. AFCAD is a program that allows the invisible structure of an airport to be modified (taxi paths, parking spots, etc. used by AI Aircraft).

Best regards,
STBP

lehpron

Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:51 pm

Wow Soontobepilot, that sounds pretty cool. Hey can (or has) any of those FSUIPC modules be reversed with FS so running FS can control an RC plane in reallife, provided all the technicalities were worked out?
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

soontobepilot

Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:53 am

As far as I know, this is impossible using FSUIPC. FSUIPC only deals with programs (not external devices) running on the same PC as FSUIPC is on. Only certain programs are designed for use with FSUIPC. Hope this clarifies the uses of FSUIPC.

-STBP