planesarecool

FS2004: Round The World In A Prop!

Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:28 am

Hey have any of you attempted flying around the globe in a GA Propeller plane (i.e. Cessna/Baron etc).

I am currently attemting to fly it in a Baron 58. My flights so far are:

Atlanta-Denver (approx 7hrs) - (Dusk departure, night arrival)
Denver-Las Vegas (approx 5hrs) - (Mid-morning departure, midday arrival)
Las Vegas-San Francisco (Approx 2hrs) - (Mid afternoon departure, dusk arrival)
San Francisco-Seattle (Approx 4hrs) - (Early morning departure, late morning arrival)

Sounds boring i know, but i don't stay on it constantly. I even left it flying while at school today Big grin.

-Stephen

markyboy

RE: FS2004: Round The World In A Prop!

Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:54 am

Not in a General Aircraft but I did do a point to point round the world trip in a Convair 580 in FS2002. Started out in Nice, France and flew clockwise round the world back to Nice. The only part I cheated on (by cheated I mean left her on autopilot with the GPS) was crossing from Russia to the Aleutian Islands. Otherwise all flights were done in real time, real weather and using conventional navaids not the GPS. If I remember correctly it took a couple of hours flying every day for about 3 weeks.
Seems a little daft but I just kinda figured that I may as well join up all my flights rather than picking random points to fly to and from.

markyboy.

sushka

Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:56 am

I tried it in a Beech1900D I started in New Zealand but gave up shortly.

I might try it again in the 777 or a 767.
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

planesarecool

Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:38 am

Hi, i have flown quite a bit since when i last posted

Seattle-Vancouver (Approx 1hrs) (Midday departure, early afternoon arrival)
Vancouver-Anchorage (Approx 6hrs) (07:30 departure, early afternoon arrival)
Anchorage-Anadyr (Approx 5hrs) (Early morning departure, mid morning arrival following day - time change)

I'm currently flying down the coast of Russia to Japan.

Big thumbs up

-Stephen

CanadianNorth

Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:53 pm

I tried in a 764 and in a DC-10, got part way and got bored with it.
But next summer when i have lotsa free time i plan to take a 732 round the world eh. But a prop sounds like fun too!

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

NAV20

Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:46 pm

On FS2002 I went round in the 737, the Lear, and the 747 (three hops only for the Jumbo, Melbourne-Baghdad-LA-Melbourne.

Then I downloaded a Piper Navajo from Abacus, fell in love with flying it, and went round in that. Which was interesting as its theoretical max. range is only 800 miles. By leaning the mixture and keeping the revs down I discovered that over 1,000 miles was possible, but even so flight planning had to be spot-on. The longest leg was 1,120 from Port Moresby to Truk in the Marianas helped by a tailwind from the 'real-world weather'), the most visually exciting was Anchorage-Juneau in Alaska.

FS2004 was a disappointment as the Beech is not my sort of aeroplane, too unstable - so I went round in the Dakota. This has the same kind of range as the Navajo, with the additional challenge that it only has an old-fashioned autopilot, so all landings had to be visual with no help from the ILS except the visual flightpath.

I can recommend the venture to anyone bored with just flying airliners and Cessnas. Play fair, stick to the rule I made for myself. 'Safe arrivals' every time, or start again!
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

USAIRWAYS321

Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:48 pm

Me personally, no. I do have a friend who is about 1/2 of the way done with an around-the-world trip in a CRJ-200 though.

NAV20

Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:19 pm

For anyone who tries it, the fun for me lay in the takeoffs and landings. No reason why you shouldn't just plan the flights VFR and use 16X speed on the long legs. That way it's easy to get in a flight every session.

Another tip is to use 'real world' weather - but plan each flight on the same date. Avoids endless downloads. I usually picked a day with 'interesting' weather and stuck to the same day all through. The way you do it is to save your first flight, then call it up after each successful flight and use 'World/Go to Airport' to move it on to the next stop. Don't forget to set the time back to early morning, though. Then plan the next flight.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

apuneger

Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:33 pm

Currently, I'm also doing a round-the-world trip. As a matter of fact, I'm writing this here straight from the flight deck of my Learjet 45, thanks to this nice little add-on called VPN. At this moment I'm almost halfway between AYPY and WAMM. Anyway, since I thought I might get bored when using a prop, I chose the Learjet 45. I always use real weather, real time etc. Most of the navigation is done by the autpilot of course, but I always stay close to the PC just in case I need to switch to another ATC center. That way, I can do nice flights with vectors from ATC for an ILS or another approach.
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

jwenting

RE: What Figher Planes Would Have Been Available?

Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:39 pm

I've done it in a Twin Cessna (Flight1 Golden Eagle).
Took me a year to complete the entire trip, almost to the day.
http://www.hornet.demon.nl/tmp/roundtrip_plan1.xls for the route plan.
Currently doing another round the world in the same aircraft, but stuck in Alaska while my computer is broken and I'm anyway too busy.
http://www.hornet.demon.nl/tmp/roundtrip2003_plan1.xls

Here's the current route I've laid out: http://www.hornet.demon.nl/tmp/rtw2003.jpg (copy and paste in another browser. Don't want the huge graphic to load here...).
I wish I were flying

planesarecool

Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:56 pm

Atlanta-Denver
Denver-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-San Francisco
San Francisco-Seattle
Seattle-Vancouver
Vancouver-Anchorage
Anchorage-Anadyr
Anadyr-Petropavlovsk
Petropavlovsk-New Chimose (Sapporo)
New Chimose-Tokyo Narita
Tokyo Narita-Osaka Kansai
Osaka Kansai-Fukuoka

Thats what i've done so far. I'm currently flying Fukouka-Seoul Incheon  Big thumbs up

-Stephen

clrd2go

Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:20 am

I haven't done a RTW flight yet, but did a couple Cross the USA trips..first
was in the Dreemfleet Archer..let's see if I can remember the route...

Started from my home airport I was usually limited to an hour or so per flight
(honey do lists)

MHT-ALB
ALB-BUF
BUF-BKL(burke lakefront)
BKL-CGX
CGX-DES (Des Moines)
DES-Kansas City Downtown)
KCY-ICT
ICT-SFE
SFE-DVT (Deer Valley Arizona)
DVT-SBA
SBA-SQL (San Carlos, CA)

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

planesarecool

Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:51 am

Atlanta-Denver
Denver-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-San Francisco
San Francisco-Seattle
Seattle-Vancouver
Vancouver-Anchorage
Anchorage-Anadyr
Anadyr-Petropavlovsk
New Chimose-Tokyo Narita
Osaka Kansai-Fukuoka
Fukuoka-Incheon
Incheon-Shanghai Pudong
Pudong-Wuhan
Wuhan-Chengdu
Chengdu-Putao

I've decided to take the southern route of the Himilayas. Going through the middle would be stupid as there aren't any airports around and also the Baron 58 doesn't go much higher than 18,000ft and some of those mountains are huge. Also by going south i get to see Everest  Big thumbs up

-Stephen

Pe@rson

Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:19 am

Any chance of stopping in EXT, Stephen, between 24th Dec. and 29th Dec.?  Wink/being sarcastic
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

planesarecool

Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:37 pm

hehe, well i was planning to visit a lot of English cities so maybe. However, because I only usually fly it on weekends, I'm slightly behind on date. I think its still in November actually.

Some of my landings have been terrible, most are nose diving in some way as i have been at about 2000ft up at around 3 miles away! Oh well, practice makes perfect I guess  Big grin

-Stephen

NAV20

Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:34 pm

What's the problem with landings, Stephen? Can we help?

With the Beech, you shouldn't be at much more than 1,000 feet at four miles out. Do you use the ILS and the Visual Flight Path? If I were you I'd use the autopilot until about 1 mile out at first, that will let you get the hang of a proper shallow approach. Then you can move on to landing visual if you want to.

Mind you, that Beechcraft on FS2004 is pretty unstable on the landing approach anyway. The 'book' says 105 knots on final approach but I find she pitches up and down too much at that speed, 115 is better until you flare.

Tony

planesarecool

Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:27 am

Its not a major problem. The landings are usually reasonably good, and i have always gone off the runway at the next turning to where i touch down.

My aim of this was to actually get used to flying and get better at the landings mainly. So i haven't used autopilot at all. For a good landing, i set myself to touching down straight and with the centre line of the runway between my two outside wheels. About 90% of my landings have done this successfully.

Its mainly the approaches that are annoying. From about 10 miles out it looks like a good approach about the right height but as i get closer i get, in a way, higher and higher as apposed to the runway, and i usually need to be banked down slightly to get down at a reasonable section of the runway.

This may sound completely stupid, but because i've never actually bothered using the autopilot before, i don't know how to work it. Could you possibly give me a few tips for it and how to use it because i could benifit from that a lot on other flights. I tried to use it once but it mucked up my flight. It was auto-approach and it turned me onto approach then just kept on turning etc. Also don't you have to be on IFR to use ILS?

-Stephen

NAV20

Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:21 pm

Ir would take about 5 minutes to SHOW you the autopilot and ILS, Stephen, about an hour to type it all in here!

I take my hat off to you doing RWD without the autopilot. Must admit I 'cheat' on long flights - use the autopilot on 'GPS Hold', and even jack up the speed to 4X or 8X. The interest for me is in route planning, fuel management, taking off and landing - and coping with bad weather.

Have you ever done any of the Rod Machado flying lessons? He's an entertaining bloke, and you'll find out all about landing on there, plus the auto-pilot and the ILS. I'd break off your RWD for a moment and do a couple if I were you, it's more fun when you get organised!

The reason your approaches are too high is almost certainly that you aren't getting the speed and trim right. You are probably just pointing the nose at the runway, and letting the speed run away. There's a thing called 'reversal' - on an approach you use power for height and pitch for speed. Look up the correct landing speed in the 'Learning Centre', and stick to it. And watch the Vertical Speed Indicator. Too high, reduce power - too fast, raise the nose, and so on. Start your final approach from say 4 miles and say 1,200 feet, try to hold the correct speed and a descent rate of about 500 feet per minute, and keep things steady - don't 'rush' anything.

QF743INTL

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:01 pm

Yes,

A very common interpretation is that lowering the nose is the best way to get rid of altitude, and that power increase/decrease is the way to kill Air speed. Wrong.

As NAV20 said, power controls the RoC (Rate of Climb or Descent) and that the nose pitch (or "Attitude) controls speed.

And remember, use all flaps, and always retrim for a good descent rate after each stage of flaps has been selected.

Anyway, hope this helps, and i am sure that after all the flying you are about to do your landings in the baron should be very very nice.

QF743INTL

crank

Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:16 pm

I have plans to do a round the world trip in the Baron, I'm starting to write down airports where I'm gonna fly to.

I also selected some cities to fly round the world in a 747, by trying to stay as close as possible to the equator.

see:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=UIO-HNL-SIN-LBV-UIO%0D%0A&RANGE=&PATH-COLOR=red&PATH-UNITS=km&SPEED-GROUND=&SPEED-UNITS=kts&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=

NAV20

Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:23 pm

I did RWD in a 747 - believe it or not, it only needs three 'hops'. Try Melbourne-Baghdad-LAX-Melbourne!

I agree with Stephen, though, much more fun in a prop with limited range and lots of VFR landings.

SA006

Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:16 am

I'M gonna do it in a T-6 texan a.k.a Harvard

Dunno where to start though

Nice seems the most likely place

Rgds
SA006
Proudly South African

NAV20

Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:17 pm

Just tried landing that Beechcraft a few times in your honour, Stephen. Found it was very unstable pitch-wise. In the end I concluded that the landing speed in the 'Flight Notes' (95 knots) is just plain wrong, 110 knots gives better results.

Best advice I can give:-

Start from 2,000 feet above runway height at 7 miles. Pitch fully fine, mixture full rich, cowl flaps closed, full flap, gear down. Set the boost to about 17 inches and trim to hold 110 knots. That should give you a descent rate of about 600 feet per minute.

Only thing is, the boost increases as you lose height - as you get lower, reduce throttle a touch to maintain about 17 inches. Use the throttle anyway to hold the correct rate of descent, and use the trim to hold 110 knots.

As you pass over the threshold, cut the throttles, keep the end of the runway just above the top of the panel, and ease the stick back to reduce the descent rate to as near 100 feet/minute as you can get.

Hope all this helps! - Tony

planesarecool

Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:57 am

Thank you for your tips and advice. I have just landed in Kerman (Iran). The approach was perfect, if not a little too high but i was at a horizontal pitch the whole approach from when i was cleared to land. The actual landing wasn't that good, i was trying to do two things at once (Get it straight and get it down) and i endeed up with a small bounce.

Well my recent flights have all been very long and i have landed with less than 10% of fuel. Iran and Pakistan aren't very interesting, all i saw was desert. I'll be flying a lot in Europe, mainly Britain. Hopefully it'll make my landings a lot better by doing more and more flights.

Atlanta-Denver
Denver-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-San Francisco
San Francisco-Seattle
Seattle-Vancouver
Vancouver-Anchorage
Anchorage-Anadyr
Anadyr-Petropavlovsk
New Chimose-Tokyo Narita
Osaka Kansai-Fukuoka
Fukuoka-Incheon
Incheon-Shanghai Pudong
Pudong-Wuhan
Wuhan-Chengdu
Chengdu-Putao
Putao-Delhi
Delhi-Kerman

I'm currently flying from Kerman to Cyprus, however i think that is going to take the fuel to the max, so i may not get there without landing before. I estimated as opposed to the Delhi-Kerman flight and it was slightly longer and the Delhi-Kerman flight left me with 9% fuel so it is a bit close.

Does anybody know the best way to cross the Atlantic. The safest seems to be going north to Iceland and Greenland. However i had two other routes:

One was going to Portugal then flying across to the Azores and then to Bermuda and then USA

or

Going across to western Africa and crossing to South America. However I've been wondering whether the Baron would be able to make it to safety and well there's nowhere to land if i don't.

Thanks again
-Stephen

pilot kaz

Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:37 am

lol the easy thing 2 do is just 2 turn up the speed of the sim,
u get around alot quicker trust me hehe
-

NAV20

Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:07 am

Glad it's helping, Stephen, and that the landings are working out better.

About touchdown, that is one thing that is more difficult on the simulator than it is in real life, because you don't get a 'perspective' view. You have to develop the knack of keeping one eye on the runway end (keep it just above the panel), another on the rate of descent, and a third on the 'line and level'!

Another trick is something my old instructor said, that I never forgot - "Just before touchdown you should really feel that you're trying to keep her UP as long as possible, rather than getting her down."

As regards keeping straight, only thing I can recommend is that, if you have a crosswind, don't hesitate to drop a wing into it, and only level out at the last minute. In a bad wind, actually keep the nose pointing to the upwind side of the centre line to allow for any last-minute drift.

About ILS, ideally, do the lessons. To set it up, anyway, call up the airport on the map and record runway height, the ILS frequency of the runway you are landing on (should be something like 111.3), and the runway direction.

Set the frequency on VOR1 and set the runway direction on the VOR1 dial. Once you are roughly lined up, an arrow will appear with the course you should be on shown as a shorter line to one side. On either side of the dial, pointers will show the glidepath relative to your own height. Make sure you approach from below the glidepath.

For an autopilot approach, just click 'APR' on the autopilot panel. Leave the altitude setting as it is. The autopilot will bring you into line, and when you reach the glidepath it will automatically turn off 'Altitude Hold' and follow the glidepath down. On a jet the auto-throttle will handle the speed as well - in the Beech you will have to handle the throttle and trim yourself to maintain the correct descent rate.

Finally, click on 'Aircraft' at the top of the screen, then 'Visual Flight Path'. Tick the box top left and then 'Rectangles'. When you get close enough you should see the glidepath in the form of red rectangles projected on the windscreen - just fly through them.

At one mile or so turn off the autopilot, retrim, and land visually.

About crossing the Atlantic, the traditional route before the long-range 707 came along was Keflavik, Iceland, then Gander, Newfoundland. The Beech may need to stop in Greenland as well, best option is Narsarsuaq (BGBW) - but no ILS there.

From where you are, though, maybe try Gibraltar (interesting place to land), Flores in the Azores, then St. John's, Newfoundland. That was one of my best 'flights' yet - I had a headwind, then found the cloudbase at St. John's was down to 300 feet. Full instrument approach and only two gallons left when I landed - in real life I'd have killed myself!

One more tip - if you are using 'real-world' weather, before you take off, use 'World/Go to Airport' and jump ahead to your destination. That way you can check the weather there before you leave!

Have fun! - Tony.

planesarecool

Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:07 am

NAV20 you have been a great help, however i'm going to stick to my objective and fly it all manually. When i've got back to Atlanta i'll start doing some more professional stuff  Big grin

Ok, while flying from Kerman i decided to land in Baghdad. Then i took off straight after and am on my way to Larnaca. Because i want to visit Britain It would make more sense to go north across the ocean, however because it's set in the northern hemisphere's winter it's very dark up there and i would prefer to fly in the light.

-Stephen

NAV20

Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:20 am

Fair enough, Stephen, admire you! Flying visual, though, I wouldn't advise the Azores/St. John's trip - not if you are using 'real weather', anyway. I looked it up - it's 1,055nm, just about extreme range for the Beech.

That route 'entraps' you - at first you have a following wind, if anything; but as you close in on Canada, you get headwinds of up to forty knots. you have to lean the mixture right out - say to 30% - and cut the revs to keep your consumption down to about 10 gallons per hour per engine, flying on the edge of a stall. Even then, as I said, I only had 2 gallons to spare!

One of the reasons why professionals use the autopilot a lot is that it is a better pilot than they are! Flying visual, fuel consumption is bound to be higher. So I'd advise the northern route.

No problem about the dark, though. At say 175 knots the Beech only has an endurance of about 7 hours, so if you start at dawn you should still have daylight for landing. In any case, landing in the dark may be difficult, but taking off is no problem if you have a flarepath. So start in the dark if necessary?

Tony

planesarecool

Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:51 pm

Yes a lot of my flights have been started in the early morning (around 5am) and because i'm going from east to west i'm basically following the sun so i get more daylight time. Basically i fly to somewhere, land there around late morning then fly off again at noon so I can get two flights in full daylight in one day. Although i did take off from Baghdad at 10:45pm.

I was originally thinking of flying to Funchal (Madeira) then across to the Azores then to St. Johns. The Iceland-Greenland route does seem a bit boring to me. I'm not worried about the quickest way across and i wouldn't mind seeing Africa and South America. So do you think i could make it from Freetown (Sierra Leone) to Sao Paulo (island - just off Brazil - not Sao Paulo the major city) to Brazil (mainland). Also (because i'm just refering to my globe) is there an airport in Sao Paulo (island).

Thanks
-Stephen

NAV20

Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:08 pm

I'm getting 'hooked' on this, Stephen! Haven't done this much navigation for a long time!

Yes - if you go via the Azores, you'd have to make one stop before Flores - either Madeira or one of the nearer islands in the Azores Group, like Santa Maria. If you are not using 'real weather' you could certainly go straight on to St. John's - the Beech ought to do the distance easily. But with 'real weather' those blistering 50-knot westerlies could 'finish' you.

About 'over-ocean' fuel management, do you know about 'Shift-Z'? Press that once and you get the winds in red type at the top of the screen - press again and you get fuel information as a percentage. Press twice more and the screen clears. Of course you can work out fuel flow/distance etc. exactly on a calculator - but a quick 'rule of thumb' is that if you get say 30% of the way (see the GPS) and have 70% or more fuel left, you're doing OK. If it's much less, turn back before you reach the 'point of no return'.

The Southern Hemisphere is maybe a better option, though. You could go via the Cape Verde islands and then on to an island called Fernando de Noronha, off Brazil. Comes up in the Flight Planner under Brazil. Shouldn't be much more than 1,000 miles, and it has a a 6,000-foot runway. An alternative is to go there via West Africa and Ascension Island, which has a good RAF Base (built for the Falklands War).

The Beech should do 1,100-1,200nm easily with no headwinds - and the prevailing winds in December in the South Atlantic are from the north-east - 'piece of cake'. Also, of course, it's summer down here at the moment, longer days.

Only snag is, it will make a long trip of it, having to fly north again to get back to your starting point, which was Georgia, wasn't it?

Tony

NAV20

Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:14 pm

PS Definitely no airport at 'Sao Paolo' (St. Paul's Rocks').

planesarecool

Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:10 am

I haven't been using real world weather (because the computer with FS2004 on doesn't have a phone line connection - doesn't have the internet basically  Big grin) but on thursday i get broadband on my other computer, and i can't use it till then so i'll have it for the Atlantic crossing.

Landed at Larnaca at 2:15am pretty well actually. Then flew a quick hop to Paphos, again, not too bad. Then flew to Rhodes and did the best landing yet. Perfect approach, perfect flare, about half a foot off the centreline. I was pretty chuffed with that  Big thumbs up

-Stephen

NAV20

Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:12 pm

Sounds good, Stephen. Nice that you have the landings sorted.

One more tip - save a favourite approach, then, when you get 'real weather', change the date so you are using the real weather and practise landings. Landings with a wind are a whole new ball game.

Keep us posted.

Tony

planesarecool

Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:42 am

I'm having another small problem regarding landings. This is the touching down. I always seem to have a very heavy touchdown (almost as bad as some of the AI Traffic). I cut out the propellers at about 30ft to idle and then however high i pitch up it just basically thuds into the ground. Basically if i'm approaching too high this is a problem because i'm coming down quite sharply and then i idle the propellers and it just thuds into the ground. If i leave it and power up slightly and then cut out at about 10ft i end up touching down about half way down the runway on a normal sized runway and so its a bigger problem on smaller runways. Mind you, i do stop very quickly once i touch down. On decent approaches this all isn't really a problem, except i did have to power up on my approach to Corfu as i was kinda heading to land either in the sea or at the very end of the runway. This was bad in two respects 1. i could have crashed and 2. The first taxiway was about two thirds of the way down the runway and that was blocked by a Landmark B737 waiting to depart so i had to go all the way to the end of the runway anyway. The landing in the end wasn't too bad, nor really was the approach, just a bit short for a simple "glide-in."

Atlanta-Denver
Denver-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-San Francisco
San Francisco-Seattle
Seattle-Vancouver
Vancouver-Anchorage
Anchorage-Anadyr
Anadyr-Petropavlovsk
New Chimose-Tokyo Narita
Osaka Kansai-Fukuoka
Fukuoka-Incheon
Incheon-Shanghai Pudong
Pudong-Wuhan
Wuhan-Chengdu
Chengdu-Putao
Putao-Delhi
Delhi-Kerman
Kerman-Baghdad
Baghdad-Larnaca
Larnaca-Paphos
Paphos-Rhodes
Rhodes-Athens
Athens-Corfu/Kerkira
Corfu-Catania

Bout to head up north to France/Britain before heading back south to Africa and then across to South America. Sounds completely pointless i know, but the point of this was 1. Get better and 2. See different places, experience different airports.

I should be getting broadband tomorrow, and i should be getting it set up on my computer which has all my games on it so i'll try and put some screenshots up or something.

I have four weeks off school so in my free time i'll be spending some more time on FS, and i plan to fly round the world again and again, just using faster aircraft and different routes. I'll probably fly it in the Mooney Bravo next!

Thank
-Stephen

NAV20

Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:56 pm

Just guessing from your description, Stephen, but it looks like the landing problem is centred on your own phrase - "..however high I pitch up it just basically thuds into the ground..."

The answer is probably, don't pitch up so far! It sounds as if you are getting the nose too high, losing flying speed, and 'stalling in' rather than landing.

As you get close, keep the speed at 105-110, and point the nose at the runway threshold. As you cross the threshold, cut the throttles. Then raise the nose so it points at the two-thirds point of the runway and hold it there until you are at 30 feet or so. Then raise the nose a little further, until the runway end is just above the panel - but NO HIGHER. Check the Rate of Descent and try to get it down to about 100-200 feet per minute - but be careful, it's easy to over-correct and start her climbing again (which may be what is causing the stalls).

Once you have it there, just keep everything steady and wait for the aeroplane to land itself - don't try to hurry things.

One of the problems you have is that the Beech is not actually the best simulated aeroplane on there. I find it very unstable pitch-wise - it is almost impossible to trim it so it holds steady, it seems to have a mind of its own. But just concentrate on holding the nose position relative to the runway end, keeping it just above the panel, and things should come right.

I really think you should try some of the lessons in the Cessna - it's a lot easier to handle, and you have Rod Machado to 'talk you down'. Failing that, save an approach flight and then fly the SAME landing again and again until it comes right.

You don't actually learn to fly real aeroplanes by just 'holding the pole' on long flights; you learn by doing endless takeoffs, circuits, and landings!

planesarecool

Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:28 pm

I haven't been able to play it that often as my computer is being a bit rubbish at the moment and keeps jamming. But anyway:

Atlanta-Denver
Denver-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-San Francisco
San Francisco-Seattle
Seattle-Vancouver
Vancouver-Anchorage
Anchorage-Anadyr
Anadyr-Petropavlovsk
New Chimose-Tokyo Narita
Osaka Kansai-Fukuoka
Fukuoka-Incheon
Incheon-Shanghai Pudong
Pudong-Wuhan
Wuhan-Chengdu
Chengdu-Putao
Putao-Delhi
Delhi-Kerman
Kerman-Baghdad
Baghdad-Larnaca
Larnaca-Paphos
Paphos-Rhodes
Rhodes-Athens
Athens-Corfu/Kerkira
Corfu-Catania
Catania-Rome
Rome-Geneva
Geneva-Paris CDG
Paris-Manston
Manston-Norwich
Norwich-Humberside
Humberside-Teesside
Teesside-Newcastle

I'm almost as north as i'm going to go. I plan to fly up to Edinburgh and Glasgow, then turn around and go down towards London, Channel Islands, Spain, Canaries, Africa etc. I know flights like Teesside to Newcastle to sound a little on the pointless side, as does going up north and then going back down south and taking a longer route round, but thats the whole point of what i'm doing

-Stephen

NAV20

Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:06 pm

You've made the round-world bug bite me again, Stephen. I decided to take the Beechcraft round in the Southern Hemisphere - difficult in December weather because the winds are mostly from the west.

From Melbourne I went to Forrest, Western Australia; then Learmonth on the north-west corner. Then two long flights - about 1,450 miles each - to Cocos Island and on to Diego Garcia. Then easier hops to Mauritius, Antanarivo (Madagascar), and Durban, South Africa.

Learning a lot about how to get long distances out of the Beechcraft. If you want any tips, let me know!

Tony

tupozure

Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:10 pm

I did a round the world trip in a MD80. I'm going to give an ATR72 a try, I love those aircraft!

planesarecool

Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:59 pm

I read that the Baron does 200kts. Yet whatever i try (full power, no flaps etc) I can only get it to around 130kts. Doesn't bother me really, but I'd just like to know why.

Atlanta-Denver
Denver-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-San Francisco
San Francisco-Seattle
Seattle-Vancouver
Vancouver-Anchorage
Anchorage-Anadyr
Anadyr-Petropavlovsk
New Chimose-Tokyo Narita
Osaka Kansai-Fukuoka
Fukuoka-Incheon
Incheon-Shanghai Pudong
Pudong-Wuhan
Wuhan-Chengdu
Chengdu-Putao
Putao-Delhi
Delhi-Kerman
Kerman-Baghdad
Baghdad-Larnaca
Larnaca-Paphos
Paphos-Rhodes
Rhodes-Athens
Athens-Corfu/Kerkira
Corfu-Catania
Catania-Rome
Rome-Geneva
Geneva-Paris CDG
Paris-Manston
Manston-Norwich
Norwich-Humberside
Humberside-Teesside
Teesside-Newcastle
Newcastle-Edinburgh
Edinburgh-Glasgow
Glasgow-Isle of Man
Isle of Man-Liverpool

I admit i have cheated slightly. This morning i was flying Isle of Man to Liverpool and i was on approach to Liverpool and I was about a mile out and my computer crashed. You may think its cheating but i cannot be bothered to do it again, and as i was basically there, i don't think there is any need to do it again.

If I was doing long distance flights, I'm sure I would have been round twice by now. For me, the fun comes out of take offs, landings and seeing other airports. Thats why i do pointless little flights like Teesside to Newcastle and (I will be doing) Liverpool-Manchester.

-Stephen

NAV20

Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:01 am

Bad about the computer, Stephen - hope those programs I recommended help to clean off the spyware.

I save each flight temporarily, at intervals. I am using 'RWWEN' at the moment, which stands for 'Round World West EN-route'. Next flight I use the same name. I save the takeoff too, each trip, under 'RWWTO'.

Funny about Teesside-Newcastle - used to fly round there 'for real' years ago.

You won't get 200 knots out of the Beech, but you should be getting about 140 Indicated at medium altitude and above. The GPS will give you your true groundspeed, should be around 165 at normal settings if there's no wind.

By 'normal settings' I mean cowl flaps closed, boost say 22 inches, revs 2,200, mixture at 30%. One tip about mixture - there's no scale on the throttle panel, but if you go to 'Virtual Cockpit' and pan right and down, you can see the mixture levers (red handles) and if you run the mouse over them the percentage setting shows up.

Oh - and make sure you've retracted the gear. I forget that often enough!

Tony

planesarecool

Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:48 am

I doubt there's much chance I'm going to get anything more done. I think my computer is just about finished now. We can't even get it to start up. Says the registry something or another is missing, then blah blah restart your f**king computer, then you restart it and it just says the same bloody message. Everytime it makes a pigs ear of something, mainly on start up. You turn it on and it comes up with "Tiny" and then just freezes on that. Now it also tends to freeze when it comes up with Windows ME. It's soo frustrating anyway. I mean, i was just about to land and it freezes. On Train Simulator i was near the end of the activity and it went, and i'm just fed up with it now. If you get it to work it barely lasts 5 minutes. We should be getting somebody in to take a look at it, but its so screwed up I guess the only way to fix it is to smash it up and buy a new one. Also another bad thing about the computer is that it tends to screw up the disks. I put a brand new disk in there the the other day, stright from the box, and when i took it out it 4 whopping great scratches on it.

Well thats that i guess

-Stephen

LFutia

Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:56 am

Planesarecool: Windows ME is a piece of crap! I had ME for 1.5 years and it gave a lot of trouble so my parents decided to buy a new one! I now have a Dell Dimension 8300 w/ P4 Hyperthreading and XP! How long have you had your computer?

Leo/ORD
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

planesarecool

Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:13 am

We have had the computer just over 3 years now. It's terrible,my parents dont have a clue what there talking about and whatever i say just goes through onr ear and out the other .

-Stephen

NAV20

Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:01 pm

Don't despair, Stephen, I think I see the problem. Do you mean the CD-ROM drive is scratching disks?

Only because something similar happened to me a few weeks ago. The computer seemed slow, crashed often, FS ran jerkily, and - in particular - CDs needed two or three goes to 'fire up'.

I was lucky - my CD-ROM drive started making chattering noises, then packed in altogether. But the guy who replaced it said it had probably been under-performing for some time, and affecting the computer's performance because it wasn't booting up properly. Apparently the machine keeps on trying to reboot it, and that slows everything down.

So get yourself a new CD drive and there's a good chance your problem will be solved. Mine wasn't expensive, $40 fitted. Hope it sorts things out.

Tony

planesarecool

Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:25 am

Sounds just like mine. We'll probably get somebody in and see what they recommend. Its definately something to do with the CD Drive. Another thing i've noticed is that under the green light, just above the drive the red light is on, which is abnormal too. Thanks alot!

-Stephen

CanadianNorth

Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:24 am

Im about to attemp a "Round the North" tour.... I plan to start in Whitehorse with the DC-3. No real plans yet but im guessing something like the following:

Whitehorse
Anchorage
Nome
Aleutian Islands?
Russia?
Scandinavia?
Iceland?
Greenand?
Iqualuit
Ranken Inlet
Yellowknife
Inuvik
Dawson
Whitehorse

? = donno the exact stops yet...

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

NAV20

Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:30 am

Good project, CanadianNorth!

I think the first leg (Whitehorse-Anchorage) could be the most difficult in a DC3, though. If you want to keep it realistic, the DC3 was unpressurised, and therefore you can only go up to 12,500 feet. Come to that, I don't know whether the Sim version will go much higher anyway - certainly, it won't get to the 20,000 or so you'd need to get over the Alaskan Range!

I did the same sort of trip going the other way in the DC3 - from Anchorage I went south over the sea to Seattle, then found myself a 'valley' route through the Rockies. Because of the mountains, I think you may have to dogleg north and come into Anchorage from roughly the Fairbanks direction.

From Anchorage it's straightforward for a while. I would plan on roughly 1,000-mile legs. One will get you to Adak in the Aleutians, a second to Yelitsovo on the Kamchatka Peninsula. Can't help with a route across Russia, I came up via the Philippines and Japan.

Best route across the Atlantic is Keflavik, Iceland, then Narsarsauq, Greenland (maybe have to go round the mountains again!), then Gander in Newfoundland or Goose Bay. Labrador.

Good luck with it!

planesarecool

Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:20 am

Gave up on the Baron RTW trip, now trying it in a FlyBE. Bombardier DHC-8-Q400. First flight just completed from London Gatwick to Dresden. Going the opposite direction this time. Going against the sun, so i'm sure i'll be doing a few take off's at about 01:00am, fly for about 4 hours through 2 time zones and get in at dawn, then fly again and arrive just before dusk. This way i can get in two flights a day without having to land in darkness. First landing was terrible. I wasn't used to the speed of the Dash 8 being used to the rather slow pace of the Beech. Started descent from 25,597 about 100 miles out. Next thing I know I'm 20 miles out at 14,000ft. Huge nose dive to get on course. The touchdown wasn't bad though. I am not going to do any pointless 25 mile flights with this. I'm going to limit myself to 12 legs, although anything up to 15 isn't bad. I got to Dresden with 54% of fuel left, I just didn't want to continue, because I wanted to do some daylight landings before I got to night landings. Once again no autopilot at all, except altitude hold. Nothing else.

-Stephen

radarbeam

Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:05 pm

I'm about to start an around the world flight, not in a prop though but in a 737-700. Here's my route.

1 Depart: Baie-Comeau [CYBC] ATC : n.a. 0 nm 00:00
--> Climb to 33000 feet.
3 Waypoint: Lourdes-De-Blanc-Sablon [CYBX] APT 94° 444 nm 00:59
4 Waypoint: Narsarsuaq [BGBW] APT 61° 700 nm 01:29
5 Waypoint: Kulusuk [BGKK] APT 69° 346 nm 00:44
6 Waypoint: Keflavik [BIKF] APT 120° 382 nm 00:48
7 Waypoint: Vagar [EKVG] APT 110° 432 nm 00:55
8 Waypoint: Flesland [ENBR] APT 105° 376 nm 00:48
9 Waypoint: Dyce [EGPD] APT 241° 296 nm 00:37
10 Waypoint: London City [EGLC] APT 171° 351 nm 00:44
11 Waypoint: Calais-Dunkerque [LFAC] APT 118° 78 nm 00:10
12 Waypoint: Barajas [LEMD] APT 207° 670 nm 01:25
13 Waypoint: Madeira [LPMA] APT 247° 788 nm 01:40
14 Waypoint: Nouakchott [GQNN] APT 187° 877 nm 01:51
15 Waypoint: Leopold Sedar Senghor [GOOY] APT 215° 220 nm 00:28
16 Waypoint: Aguenar [DAAT] APT 68° 1388 nm 02:57
17 Waypoint: Zarzis [DTTJ] APT 22° 721 nm 01:32
18 Waypoint: Poretta [LFKB] APT 354° 524 nm 01:06
19 Waypoint: Fiumicino [LIRF] APT 109° 131 nm 00:16
20 Waypoint: Reggio Calabria [LICR] APT 143° 274 nm 00:34
21 Waypoint: Karpathos [LGKP] APT 100° 575 nm 01:13
22 Waypoint: Samos [LGSM] APT 353° 137 nm 00:17
23 Waypoint: Adnan Menderes [LTBJ] APT 15° 38 nm 00:04
24 Waypoint: Antalya [LTAI] APT 112° 192 nm 00:24
25 Waypoint: Carsamba [LTFH] APT 40° 375 nm 00:47
26 Waypoint: Larnaca Intl [LCLK] APT 198° 407 nm 00:51
27 Waypoint: Ben Gurion [LLBG] APT 157° 183 nm 00:23
28 Waypoint: Cairo Intl [HECA] APT 236° 211 nm 00:26
29 Waypoint: Kuwait Intl [OKBK] APT 87° 864 nm 01:50
30 Waypoint: Dubai Intl [OMDB] APT 118° 461 nm 00:58
31 Waypoint: Abu Dhabi Intl [OMAA] APT 217° 63 nm 00:08
32 Waypoint: Jazan [OEGN] APT 237° 814 nm 01:43
33 Waypoint: Jomo Kenyatta [HKJK] APT 198° 1143 nm 02:25
34 Waypoint: Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo [FVBU] APT 213° 1223 nm 02:36
35 Waypoint: Cape Town Intl [FACT] APT 233° 992 nm 02:06
36 Waypoint: George [FAGG] APT 115° 188 nm 00:23
37 Waypoint: Port Elizabeth [FAPE] APT 114° 161 nm 00:20
38 Waypoint: Durban Intl [FADN] APT 71° 363 nm 00:46
39 Waypoint: Johannesburg Intl [FAJS] APT 343° 271 nm 00:34
40 Waypoint: Maputo [FQMA] APT 104° 234 nm 00:29
41 Waypoint: Toamasina [FMMT] APT 80° 1045 nm 02:13
42 Waypoint: Gillot [FMEE] APT 135° 384 nm 00:49
43 Waypoint: Mauritius Intl [FIMP] APT 95° 125 nm 00:15
44 Waypoint: Coetivy [FSSC] APT 0° 800 nm 01:42
45 Waypoint: Desroches [FSDR] APT 305° 179 nm 00:22
46 Waypoint: Seychelles Intl [FSIA] APT 66° 128 nm 00:16
47 Waypoint: Praslin [FSPP] APT 30° 24 nm 00:03
48 Waypoint: Gan [VRMG] APT 84° 1069 nm 02:16
49 Waypoint: Kadhdhoo [VRMK] APT 13° 155 nm 00:19
50 Waypoint: Male Intl [VRMM] APT 4° 140 nm 00:17
51 Waypoint: Trivandrum [VOTV] APT 41° 327 nm 00:41
52 Waypoint: Lucknow [VILK] APT 11° 1120 nm 02:22
53 Waypoint: Tribhuvan Intl [VNKT] APT 76° 245 nm 00:31
54 Waypoint: Shah Amanat (Rm) Intl [VGEG] APT 132° 480 nm 01:01
55 Waypoint: Phuket Intl [VTSP] APT 156° 928 nm 01:58
56 Waypoint: Penang Intl [WMKP] APT 146° 206 nm 00:26
57 Waypoint: Kuala Lumpur Intl - Sepang [WMKK] APT 151° 175 nm 00:22
58 Waypoint: Changi [WSSS] APT 121° 161 nm 00:20
59 Waypoint: Hang Nadim [WIKB] APT 153° 16 nm 00:02
60 Waypoint: Bali Intl [WRRR] APT 131° 887 nm 01:53
61 Waypoint: Perth Intl [YPPH] APT 181° 1392 nm 02:57
62 Waypoint: Melbourne Intl [YMML] APT 100° 1457 nm 03:06
63 Waypoint: Kingsford Smith Intl [YSSY] APT 43° 381 nm 00:48
64 Waypoint: Christchurch Intl [NZCH] APT 104° 1147 nm 02:26
65 Waypoint: Wellington Intl [NZWN] APT 17° 164 nm 00:20
66 Waypoint: Auckland Intl [NZAA] APT 340° 259 nm 00:33
67 Waypoint: Tontouta [NWWW] APT 319° 1004 nm 02:08
68 Waypoint: Nadi Intl [NFFN] APT 57° 683 nm 01:27
69 Waypoint: Faleolo Intl [NSFA] APT 58° 653 nm 01:23
70 Waypoint: Faaa [NTAA] APT 90° 1312 nm 02:47
71 Waypoint: Fare [NTTH] APT 290° 96 nm 00:12
72 Waypoint: Uturoa [NTTR] APT 253° 25 nm 00:03
73 Waypoint: Motu Mute [NTTB] APT 304° 23 nm 00:02
74 Waypoint: Rarotonga Intl [NCRG] APT 223° 538 nm 01:08
75 Waypoint: Nausori Intl [NFNA] APT 262° 1237 nm 02:37
76 Waypoint: Bauerfield [NVVV] APT 258° 585 nm 01:14
77 Waypoint: Jacksons [AYPY] APT 283° 1325 nm 02:49
78 Waypoint: Sentani [WAJJ] APT 311° 574 nm 01:13
79 Waypoint: Zamboanga Intl [RPMZ] APT 297° 1243 nm 02:38
80 Waypoint: Ninoy Aquino Intl [RPLL] APT 353° 459 nm 00:58
81 Waypoint: Hualien [RCYU] APT 6° 572 nm 01:13
82 Waypoint: Kansai Intl [RJBB] APT 52° 947 nm 02:00
83 Waypoint: Tsushima [RJDT] APT 276° 293 nm 00:37
84 Waypoint: Hakodate [RJCH] APT 56° 704 nm 01:29
85 Waypoint: Yelizovo [UHPP] APT 46° 985 nm 02:05
86 Waypoint: Eareckson AS [PASY] APT 84° 566 nm 01:12
87 Waypoint: St Paul I [PASN] APT 45° 601 nm 01:16
88 Waypoint: St George [11] RWY 140° 39 nm 00:05
89 Waypoint: Unalaska [PADU] APT 131° 193 nm 00:24
90 Waypoint: Cold Bay [PACD] APT 42° 154 nm 00:19
91 Waypoint: Dillingham [PADL] APT 10° 268 nm 00:34
92 Waypoint: Bethel [PABE] APT 299° 145 nm 00:18
93 Waypoint: Nome [PAOM] APT 320° 245 nm 00:31
94 Waypoint: Wiley Post-Will Rogers Meml [PABR] APT 357° 450 nm 00:57
95 Waypoint: Fairbanks Intl [PAFA] APT 121° 436 nm 00:55
96 Waypoint: Stevens Anchorage Intl [PANC] APT 171° 226 nm 00:28
97 Waypoint: Homer [PAHO] APT 183° 102 nm 00:12
98 Waypoint: Norman Wells [CYVQ] APT 18° 757 nm 01:36
99 Waypoint: Yellowknife [CYZF] APT 84° 367 nm 00:46
100 Waypoint: Edmonton City Center [CYXD] APT 155° 534 nm 01:08
101 Waypoint: Newport Mun [KONP] APT 203° 679 nm 01:26
102 Waypoint: San Diego Intl-Lindbergh [KSAN] APT 140° 780 nm 01:39
103 Waypoint: Lic Benito Juarez Intl [MMMX] APT 118° 1257 nm 02:40
104 Waypoint: Tocumen Intl [MPTO] APT 116° 1301 nm 02:46
105 Waypoint: Mariscal Sucre Intl [SEQU] APT 174° 555 nm 01:10
106 Waypoint: Simon Bolivar Intl [SEGU] APT 213° 147 nm 00:18
107 Waypoint: Jorge Chavez Intl [SPIM] APT 162° 614 nm 01:18
108 Waypoint: Ilo [SPLO] APT 136° 477 nm 01:00
109 Waypoint: Diego Aracena Intl [SCDA] APT 159° 183 nm 00:23
110 Waypoint: El Plumerillo [SAME] APT 170° 742 nm 01:34
111 Waypoint: Arturo Merino Benitez Intl [SCEL] APT 245° 106 nm 00:13
112 Waypoint: Carriel Sur Intl [SCIE] APT 199° 232 nm 00:29
113 Waypoint: El Tepual Intl [SCTE] APT 169° 279 nm 00:35
114 Waypoint: Ushuaia Intl Malvine Is [SAWH] APT 154° 827 nm 01:45
115 Waypoint: Gen. Enrique Mosconi Intl [SAVC] APT 355° 544 nm 01:09
116 Waypoint: Ezeiza Intl Ministro Pistarin [SAEZ] APT 39° 773 nm 01:38
117 Waypoint: Hercilio Luz Intl [SBFL] APT 68° 668 nm 01:25
118 Waypoint: Santos Dumont [SBRJ] APT 67° 409 nm 00:52
119 Waypoint: Pres Juscelino Kubitschek Int [SBBR] APT 345° 501 nm 01:03
120 Waypoint: Rochambeau [SOCA] APT 5° 1269 nm 02:41
121 Waypoint: Piarco Intl [TTPP] APT 316° 636 nm 01:21
122 Waypoint: Grantley Adams Intl [TBPB] APT 50° 184 nm 00:23
123 Waypoint: Hewanorra Intl [TLPL] APT 308° 94 nm 00:12
124 Waypoint: Le Lamentin [TFFF] APT 11° 52 nm 00:06
125 Waypoint: Le Raizet [TFFR] APT 356° 105 nm 00:13
126 Waypoint: V C Bird Intl [TAPA] APT 357° 55 nm 00:06
127 Waypoint: Robert L Bradshaw Intl [TKPK] APT 294° 54 nm 00:06
128 Waypoint: Princess Juliana Intl [TNCM] APT 346° 49 nm 00:06
129 Waypoint: Henry E Rohlsen [TISX] APT 270° 98 nm 00:12
130 Waypoint: King [TIST] APT 357° 39 nm 00:05
131 Waypoint: Luis Munoz Marin Intl [TJSJ] APT 287° 59 nm 00:07
132 Waypoint: Las Americas Dr J F Pena Gome [MDSD] APT 279° 209 nm 00:26
133 Waypoint: Norman Manley Intl [MKJP] APT 271° 407 nm 00:51
134 Waypoint: Sangster Intl [MKJS] APT 301° 73 nm 00:09
135 Waypoint: Gerrard-Smith Intl [MWCB] APT 305° 132 nm 00:16
136 Waypoint: Exuma Intl [MYEF] APT 49° 323 nm 00:41
137 Waypoint: Governors Harbour [MYEM] APT 353° 106 nm 00:13
138 Waypoint: Nassau Intl [MYNN] APT 262° 63 nm 00:08
139 Waypoint: Grand Bahama Intl [MYGF] APT 329° 113 nm 00:14
140 Waypoint: Key West Intl [KEYW] APT 237° 205 nm 00:26
141 Waypoint: Tampa Intl [KTPA] APT 351° 209 nm 00:26
142 Waypoint: Ronald Reagan Washington Natl [KDCA] APT 31° 708 nm 01:30
143 Waypoint: Toronto/City Centre [CYTZ] APT 351° 306 nm 00:39
144 Waypoint: Montreal/St-Hubert [CYHU] APT 80° 280 nm 00:35
145 Waypoint: Quebec/Lesage Intl [CYQB] APT 65° 114 nm 00:14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
147 Arrive: Baie-Comeau [CYBC] ATC : n.a. 63° 190 nm 00:29
Airport altitude 72 ft
============================================================================================
Total: (1067373 Lbs fuel required) 66833 nm 142:20

IanatSTN

Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:07 pm

Radarbeam,
1067373 Lbs fuel required
A bit of luck you don't have to pay for fuel in Flight Simulator!!

Cheer  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Ian@STN
Ian@STN ::