Paddy
Topic Author

Flight Sims For Mac?

Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:03 am

I've been looking around and I have not found any good flight sims for Mac. Is there any version of Microsoft FS for the Mac? Also, are there any flight sims built for the OS X operating system? With Apple's growing popularity(hell, I just switched and a lot of my friends are switching too) it seems that somebody would cater to this market...I'm looking for civil aircraft preferably but a military sim with a wide variety of planes(like the old Jane's flight sims for PC) would be great too.

VirginFlyer

RE: Flight Sims For Mac?

Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:46 pm

Paddy - check out X-Plane: http://www.x-plane.com/

Some people regard it as being more realistic than MS FlightSim in terms of flight model, etc. I have the demo version here, and I am planning on buying the full version when I have time.

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

N139J

Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:45 pm

X-plane is a great simulator, and yes it is more realistic than MSFS. You will not find any MSFS for mac, as they are only windows compatable. Fly! is also a good simulator for the mac user.

Although Fly! and MSFS are great to have fun in, they are really only games. If you are looking for a tad more realisim (and of course expect to spend a few more bucks) then X-Plane is the one you are looking for.

-Jason

VirginFlyer

Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:10 pm

There was talk a couple of years ago of Microsoft developing a Mac OSX version of its Flight Simulator. Nothing seems to have come of it, however.

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh