captain777

How Do You Make Your Flight Sim More Fun?

Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:18 pm

I would like to ask how you guys (using microsoft flight sim ) make your flying more fun and enjoyable

THANKX
Bilal
KUWAIT ( petriotic )  Smile
the sky is the limit.............actually FL410 is the limit

solarix

RE: How Do You Make Your Flight Sim More Fun?

Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:40 pm

Hi Bilal,

I enjoy flightsimming as well. One thing that will definitely make it more interesting is to add lots of AI traffic. I have almost every world airline installed and it really makes things fun when visiting airports. Whether landing at EGLL with 200+ planes on the ground, or visiting Kabul with a few rare birds such as Ariana 727s and some Russian IL76 for the UN food programme, it's really exciting and well worth the effort. You may need some computer horsepower for maximum AI with all sorts of aircraft types. I recommend Project AI, FSpainter, and AI Aardvark models as they are very frame rate friendly.

Also as you are probably aware, getting add-on scenery and aircraft will also make things more enjoyable.
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

StarAC17

Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:08 pm

Fly the chopper and you will crash so much that you will be laughing at yourself  Big thumbs up
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

KLM777

Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:50 am

You could get some nice scenery from http://www.flightsim.com for example, and maybe buy a few complex panels for aircraft that you like, as the standard FS-panels which microsoft provided are hardly realistic.

Kind regards,

Jeroen
Every landing is a controlled crash

Captain_777

Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:06 am

You could download planes, panels, sound and then get some nice scenary. It turns out to be more fun.

Oh yeah - Nice name.

Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:50 pm

Here are a few things that I did that have made flight simulating a lot more fun:

1. I started flying all the legs for my virtual airline VFR, and in the King Air. Here's a shameless plug: http://tradewind.org Good, easy-going folks (who don't care if I fly their legs VFR and in the King Air), and a fun route system. Check it out if you are looking for a VA.
2. Other than the VA flying, I've restricted myself completely to the piston fleet. While FS has extremely simplistic models for the turbine aircraft, the piston airplanes are fairly close to the real thing (especially the Cessnas).
3. In those piston airplanes, I adhere to the checklists for operation.
4. Plan my flights on airways, and I navigate by using airways--GPS coupled to the autopilot is considered cheating. Use of the autopilot is allowed, but it is restricted only to heading and altitude hold.
5. I keep a nav log, and use a real nav log form. I keep track of fuel burn, true airspeed, ground speed, and ETA/ATAs.
6. Autopilot-coupled approaches are out. In fact, the use of the autopilot is banned inside the IAF.
7. Use of the auto-tune function is also not allowed. I have to record the frequencies and tune them myself.
8. And using these methods, I fly to as many interesting places that I can.

Sure, flying this way is a lot more work, but it's a lot closer to reality, and makes simulating anything but boring.

-Normal

AmbiantAir

Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:31 am

Dusk, Japan, Autopilot, Brian Eno.

Need I say more?

trekster

Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:07 am

ge fstraffic, u get the right planes at the right airports, and also get a huge advance on your plane database as u get to fly all the planes as well
Where does the time go???

Mir

Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:14 pm

I always fly from the same airport where I last landed, use project AI and avoid the default jets whenever possible.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day