Vanishing AI Aircraft...

Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:59 pm

Have you ever noticed, in FS2004, that sometimes AI planes will sometimes vanish? I see it usually when an AI has to wait too long for landing traffic or when I am setting up a new download on runway 34R at seattle. The AI's will line up, waiting for me to takeoff, while I set up my cockpit views or adjust my vapor trails, and they will start to disappear. Number 1 for takeoff will disappear first, then the others will move up and then disappear in order every few minutes. Why is that?? Why can't they just wait? "As real as it gets" my a$$! --(ha ha)--

RE: Vanishing AI Aircraft...

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:33 pm

I don't know the actual problem but its been a bugger to me to. Especially at MSP when i had 27 aircraft waiting to depart and there was like 4 landing.

They disappear if they are stationary for 5 minutes. If you can keep the queue moving it should be fine.

If you have a huge queue and a few landing then it is best that the first one does disappear (Unless it's like the airport's only decent aicraft and you wanted to watch it) because then the rest of the queue can move forward and survive another 5 minutes.

RE: Vanishing AI Aircraft...

Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:15 pm

I'd love to be able to change that time!