CON207
Topic Author

Save Concorde. Will It Work?

Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:41 am

Only today I found out about a group of enthusiasts dedicated to trying to save a Concorde for display flights etc...
As much as I admire their enthusiasms and have willingly signed the petition , it makes you wonder ," can they succeed where Virgin Boss RB failed?"
They face an uphill struggle the size of Mount Everest but one never knows!
There is a website dedicated to saving Concorde.
October 24th 2003 was a sad day for British Aviation. Crying

Being ill sucks. Never take life for granted!!

w_a_s_p_i_e

RE: Save Concorde. Will It Work?

Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:48 am

To be honest, no. They wont be able too. The problem being;
sure it would be amazing to keep one flying, but where is the maintenence going to be carried out?
All of the parts (from what I know) were made in France. The French dont want the English to have the only concorde as they dont want the English economy to do well, also because they dont want England to have the only concorde flying. So, they shut down the plant where all the parts were made etc. Even if they managed to get a concorde (and they are all being sent to their new homes now), there is NO way they would be able to get the parts and maintenence required to keep the aircraft flying. Absolutely no way. British Airways tried to keep her flying, but the French simply dont want too as it would do nothing for their economy (and if I was French I may have done the same thing, but may not have!).
Mark

fritzi

RE: Save Concorde. Will It Work?

Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:33 pm

Nope,

The certificate of airworthyness has been revoked.