chicago757

Question....for All You Flightsimmers!

Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:48 pm

Someone please help me!
When selecting a route in flight simulator I most always do VOR to VOR. I fly on course using the GPS (the green line directs you) however, I always stay on course manually. Is there a way, and how, can you program the plane to automatically stay on the whole flight route and fly itself?
Go White Sox!!!!

NAV20

RE: Question....for All You Flightsimmers!

Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:25 pm

Easy, Chicago. Somewhere on the panel there will be a button marked 'GPS/Nav'. Switch it to 'GPS', then go to the autopilot and click on 'NAV', and it will follow the course. Don't forget to switch it back if you want to use the VORs or ILS, though.

Alternatively, you can leave it on 'Nav', set the frequency of the next VOR on VOR1 and the autopilot will aim for that for you. Have to change the frequency as you pass over, though.

You can also set up a 'direct' straight-line course if you like. Though some think that that is 'cheating'  Smile

All fully explained in the 'Learning Centre', under 'Autopilot' and 'GPS'. Or do a the relevant flying lessons with Rod Machado.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

chicago757

RE: Question....for All You Flightsimmers!

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:03 am

thanks nav20. I appreciate it!
Go White Sox!!!!