CO737
Topic Author

Couple Of FS2002 Questions

Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:39 am

Hi all,
I've got a couple of FS2002 questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with. First off, I've got a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick, and the control forces on some of my planes are non-existent. Some models, like the POSKY 747s have great control surfaces, but then there are other planes that don't have any forces at all. Is there a way to fix that? Maybe copying the POSKY force feedback of the aircraft.cfg into my other planes?
And my other question, is there a way to get two (or more) tower frequencies going at once at one airport? I've been having a problem with a big backup of departing AI Traffic during rush hour at the busier airports (KORD & KATL in particular), and I was thinking that having one tower freq for arrivals and a different freqeuncy for departure would help to solve that problem. Is there a way to do that?
Thanks for your help and happy flying,
CO737

Fly2HMO

RE: Couple Of FS2002 Questions

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:00 pm

copy the force lines into other .cfg files. must work. I assume this only happens with 3rd party acft. I have a logitech wingman force 3d and all forces work, but i think FS has a lousy force feedback engine.

As for the frequency thing... nope, impossible as far as i know. its either one frequency or another.

happy flightsiming  Big thumbs up

CO737
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:45 am

Fly2hmo,
Copying the force feedback lines did work, so thanks for that. Shame about the frequencies though.
Thanks,
CO737

jwenting

Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:29 pm

You can get several tower frequencies at once but it means redesigning the AFD data for the airport as well as the AI traffic attending it.
Personally I find it a lot of work for little gain. As they say, "I'd rather be flying"  Big thumbs up

Check out AFCAD, TTools, etc.
I wish I were flying