Runway25
Topic Author

"Softscanner" Web Site Address

Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:40 pm

Last December a friend & myself each downloaded some scanner software called “Softscanner” from http://www.softscanner.net. Whilst my software is performing well my friend’s software has become corrupted & will not function.

We have both tried contacting “Softscanner” thru their original web address (shown above). This site now advises they have “moved” to a new web address http://www.softscan.ms11.net/index.htm. However this new site seems to be inactive.

My question is has this particular situation happened to any other “airliners.net” forum member with this software & did you manage to contact “Softscanner” on a new web address? If so what is the new address please.

Any replies/suggestions to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

dc-10 levo

RE: "Softscanner" Web Site Address

Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:28 am

Is Softscanner an audio program?

DC-10

Runway25
Topic Author

RE: "Softscanner" Web Site Address

Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:24 am

Hi "DC-10 Levo" - To virtually quote a sales pitch :-

"Softscanner is a 'software radio scanner' which operates thru your pc/laptop without any additional hardware".

It's not a traditional hardware scanner as "we" would normally purchase.

I purchased it directly from "Softscanner" last December although many "outlets" on the 'net seem to still offer it now. I purchased it mainly for it's ATC facilities. I can listen to several "US" Air Traffic Controls although the software does offer the facility to also listen to quite a few Police & Fire Depts. Again in the USA.

As stated in my original posting my software is operating OK (at the moment) however if anyone knows of the fate of "Softscanner" I'd be glad to hear from them.

"Happy Flying" to all.