IanatSTN
Topic Author

AIS - UK Airport Diagrams

Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if anyone has had contact with www.ais.org.uk, but I have been advised it is the best site for UK airport diagrams.

Well, my problem is quite a strange one, (dont laugh!!) I can't find 'em!! I have looked all over the site after I have logged in (which I know is required), and can't seem to be able to find them anywhere!!

If anyone can point me in the right direction for the airport diagrams/charts it would be much apreciated!!!

Cheers  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Ian@STN
Ian@STN ::

nighthawk

RE: AIS - UK Airport Diagrams

Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:03 am

I wont laugh, cause i know exactly what you mean! That site is really bad for navigation, possibly just because I dont understand the abbreviations. Frotunately "Nicholas Johns" posted an email on Scotavnet on how to find them, which ive saved and refer to every time I need a chart:

"Jim,

Go to ais.org.uk, Login, then click UK AIP on the "publications" tab, then on the next page click on "UK AIP Package". Next page click "UK AIP / Aerodrome data/Aerodrome Specific" on the "UK AIP" tab. Next select the airport you want and it should bring up a list of available charts......

regards,

Nick Johns"

Full credit to Nick!

IanatSTN
Topic Author

Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:52 pm

Cheers Nighthawk,
You do deserve some of the credit, otherwise I would not have been able to find the charts!!

I understand totally what you say about the abbreviations, you can get lost very easily!!

Thanx again
Ian@STN

donder10

Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:30 pm

Ian,
how quickly were you accepted on the site?
Cheers,Alex

dc-10 levo

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:57 am

I was accpeted within 1 minute. The site is great - thanks for the info everyone!

DC-10

IanatSTN
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:41 am

Hi Alex,

I also got an instant response, and yeah its a great site DC10  Wink/being sarcastic

Ian@STN