Freeware-wise try the newly released Flightcraft A330-200 and -300, available at AVSIM. The file names are flightcrafta330-200-preview.zip flightcrafta330-300-preview.zip Keep in mind that these 2 files are previews of the upcoming (freeware) finish product coming soon.
Project opensky also have a good freeware A330, however I'd recommend a fast machine if you don't want textures loading time to be a factor.
I personally stay away from PSS for the following reasons:
1) I will never buy from a company that makes their customers BUY
the liveries, (original aircraft comes with factory colors if I believe).
2) On the PSS forum the support guys doesn't seems very friendly unlike the PMDG guys for example.
3) Their forum is moderated, that means they filter through the post, if they don't like you well they can block all your posts on their forum.
4) It took them over 6 months to make their products FS9 compatible and the first attempt was disastrous.
5) Some problems that were found months ago and were supposed to be addressed in the patch (e.g: A320 brake temp sensor) were not fixed. The answer to the customer that asked why was a cold "problem could not be fixed, sorry", the PSS person that answer could have said "problem not fixed, now f*ck off elsewhere" and it would have sounded the same.
For the record, I have never bought from PSS and never will. I'm not one of those grumpy ex-customers.
[Edited 2004-03-21 01:41:43]