1988 Pan Am Timetables

Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:17 am

Can anyone help me locate timetables for both international and domestic routes for Pan Am 1988 - December? It would mean a great deal to me if anyone out there has these or knows where I can purchase them. Thank you.

RE: 1988 Pan Am Timetables

Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:17 am

Ebay can have up to several hundred airline timetables up for auction at any one time, and I'm sure many are from Pan Am.

Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:33 am

That is some of long time ago with Pan Am. I still think that would able have one of those timetables.

Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:55 am

Contact David Keller in St. Louis, He sells timetables and I have purchased several hundered from him over the past 10 years. He has an enormous collection. His website is
Charleston, SC

Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:29 pm

Does this have anything to do with the Lockerbie bombing of a Pan Am 747 in December 1988?
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.", Winston Churchill

Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:14 am

Thank you for all the suggestions!!! I looked through eBay and there is a timetable for Jan. 1988.

Do airlines typically publish routes that are consistent for a year?

This timetable looked like a domestic timetable. Do airlines publish all routes in one timetable typically? I apologize for all the questions, this is way outside of my area of expertise. Anyone with experience in these matters is GREATLY appreciated.

In regards to whether this has to do with the Lockerbie Tragedy... in a way it does. I flew home on the 22nd of December from Frankfurt. I originally was scheduled to fly home on the 21st...through Heathrow...back then..I was so freaked out...I never looked at whether or not...well you now I want to know. I had postponed my return several times that year and....I no longer have contact with my travel agent....and I know it doesn't make sense but I just didn't want to know back then....16 years memories are faint and the whole event is surreal. I would like to put that demon to rest. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:05 am

We always kick ourselves later for things we threw away that are valuable now, huh? I used to have the soundtrack to Thank God It's Friday on two 8-track tapes...can't imagine how much that would go for on eBay now, just based on kitsch value!!

Same with a 1984 PanAm timetable I used to have...and I hate to admit it, but tore out the route map (with all the lines) and had it pinned up on my wall. Threw the rest out at some point...SO wish I hadn't, but I remember some of the more exotic routes - if I remember correctly, there was a JFK-MVC-JNB, a three or four stop route across West Africa terminating at Nairobi (as well as a one-stop from JFK). Asia, the Pacific, Australia/New Zealand, South/Central America, as well as their legendary service to was all there!!

Since 1986 was when Pan Am sold the pacific routes to United, I think this might have been one of the last truly global timetables. I miss Pan Am SO much and that whole glamourous era...
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!