cramos

Question For Those Who Are Real Pilots And Like FS

Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 am

If you're a real pilot, how do you like to spend your time in FS? Here are some questions:

• What is it that you enjoy in FS and practice with (i.e. aircraft, techniques, approaches)?

• Do you usually fly from your home aiport?

• Do you like to fly your planned flight in FS before doing the real flight?

I'm looking to get my license some day, until then I'd like to learn some good things and habits in FS. Although FS does not replace real life instruction, it can be a good supplement right?

futureualpilot

RE: Question For Those Who Are Real Pilots And Like FS

Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:47 am

I enjoy being able to simulate flying various a/c, into any airport I want at any time and being able to control the weather. Right now I practice instrument approaches and procedures, Ill get my approach plates out and get the a/c set up (usually a Cessa 172 since thats what I train in). It definitley carries over into my real instrument work.

Yes, I usually fly out of MYF unless I want to have some fun with the extra or another a/c in which case Ill choose whatever airport tickles my fancy at the time.

If I have time, Ill fly some of my route, but usually I dont.
Life is better when you surf.

futterman

RE: Question For Those Who Are Real Pilots And Like FS

Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:17 am

A Captain I know is very satisfied with PMDG's 737NG aircraft, and can't wait for their 744. It's as good as it gets, if you can get a hold of it. All of the instruments, computers...might even be a little intimidating. Definately worth it if you want to try your hand at flying a commercial airplane!
What the FUTT?