FlyingColours
Topic Author

Some FS9 Questions

Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:41 am

Hi

I got my new computer on Thursday and FS9 today, I have been in there and did a quick short flight in the Cessna & Mooney to get aquainted. I think it is really good and enjoy ATC being there, I want to sort out the AI traffic and get some real UK airlines in there (MAN) but that is not my question.

How do I move around freely in 'Spot' view, The camera just snaps to a preset angle. I had this problem once in FS2000 but can't remember how I fixed it and it is really bugging me now.

Is there any good AI traffic out there with real airlines and or callsigns.

My plane doesn't seem to crash right, (I was just testing them  Smile) whenever my plane crashes it just stops and then resets, but on some screenshots there are pictures with the gear collapsed (Individual legs), ends of wings missing and engines on fire (in the air) and I just can't work out how I get mine to do any of them. I just want a bit of realism in there.

Thanks in advance for any help, (I hope to release some FCL aircraft sometime).

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

jutes85

RE: Some FS9 Questions

Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:50 am

1. What I usually do to pan around in spot view is use the hat switch on my joystick, I'm not sure how to do this manually with the keyboard.

2. If you want AI traffic, try My Traffic 2004 - It is good for traffic at small airports as well as military. Ultimate Traffic 2004 is also a good choice. If you are looking for freeware, checkout http://www.projectai.com.

3 To see damage on the aircraft add the lines visual_damage=1 at the end of the aircraft, like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian
sim=Cessna208
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=Cessna208_Check
kb_reference=Cessna208_ref
atc_id=N208YB
atc_id_color=0xff000000
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer=Cessna
ui_type="C208 Caravan Amphibian"
ui_variation="Yellow with black"
description="If you're looking for a new flying challenge, you'll find it behind the controls of the Caravan Amphibian. The Amphibian is the largest single-engine floatplane currently manufactured and is a versatile aircraft for both passenger and cargo operations. The floats on the Amphibian contain landing gear, making it possible to land anywhere, water or land."
visual_damage=1
nothing

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:56 am

Thanks Jutes85, I'm just dowloading the Installer from ProjectAI, sounds great!

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:44 pm

Was having fun with the POSKY 757's and IFDG A320's last night, the wing views on the A320 are incredible. The 757's look good but I can't really get a view, when I am in the Virtual Cockpit (No panel installed) and go for the wingview I am looking from the cockpit and only see the tip of the wing, Is there any way I can move back a few rows and sit by the engine?

Tailstuck a 757 on takeoff (Just testing) and set fire to the APU - great effects.

Phil
FlyingColours