cramos

Has Anyone Flown The Cape Air Routes?

Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:56 am

I saw an old posting and there was a mention of Cape Air based Massachusetts. Has anyone flown their route structure and found it interesting? Which aircraft did you use?

RE: Has Anyone Flown The Cape Air Routes?

Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:31 am

A while back, I tried to find a downloadable Cessna 402 with Cape Air colors to mimic their structure, but with little avail (because I don't have text-o-matic). I finally just decided to do it in the Baron.

Actully, I am fortunate enough to have been able to fly in real life to a lot of the same airports that Cape Air serves (the New England ones, anyway). Additionally, I am interviewing with a small New England college's flight department--one which Cape Air draws pilots from. So, keep your fingers crossed for me.

'Speed

flymia

Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:09 am

Cape Air is a awesome airline hope you can get a job one day.

But I have flown some of there flights they are fun. Fly them durring the day though. I used the King Air 350 since Landmark airlines flys many of their type of flights from PVD and even BOS-Nantucket.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

cramos

Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:32 pm

Most of their flights are fairly short correct? I've noticed the schedule says about 15 minutes or so. I'm sure the King Air 350 can do it in that time. I'll give it a try some time. The approach to Nantucket seems interesting because there is some noise abatement procedure to follow.