flymia

FS All Internet Flying.

Tue May 11, 2004 6:08 am

I think it would be awesome if every time you would fly on FS you are flying with other real people. And ATC is other pilots talking. Now I mean pressing the one and two buttons not talking through a head set. And also there would be AI traffic too and you could buy FStraffic if you want. And the only way to tell the difference between real people and AI are the color of there Identification that flashes above there plane. I think that would be the best thing FS could do. I know the chances are slim but what do you guys think?
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

A3204eva

RE: FS All Internet Flying.

Tue May 11, 2004 6:44 am

Well there's a similar thing going on at http://www.vatsim.net. Im training to become an online controller in the UK section.

A320
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

InnocuousFox

Wed May 12, 2004 1:08 am

"Well there's a similar thing going on at http://www.vatsim.net."

Going on? That's been 'going on' for 6 or 7 years! (It was SATCO at first) They have over 50,000 members! (I am a Sr. Controller in Cleveland Center)
Dave Mark - Intrinsic Algorithm - Reducing the world to mathematical equations!

dc-10 levo

Wed May 12, 2004 2:04 am

I would love to be controlled by real ATCO's online but how do I ask them to control my flight?

DC-10

flymia

Wed May 12, 2004 3:43 am

Yea I know about Vatsim but it was to complicated in the little time I had. I am a registered pilot for them. But there is not even much traffic when using Vatsim to begin with. See in my idea it would be everyone using FS no matter if just sight seeing or flying SFO-NRT. You would have an option to go online before you start your flight and ATC will be on and some way your compute could put what ever traffic you have and there's in. Or just there is AI traffic too and FS gets permission to us FStraffic in a Giant Data Base. I know it really cant happen but it would be great.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

InnocuousFox

Wed May 12, 2004 4:44 am

"I would love to be controlled by real ATCO's online but how do I ask them to control my flight?"

Go to the site and read the instructions. They have enormous amounts of fantastic training materials which I am not about to regurgitate here.  Big grin

dan2002

Wed May 12, 2004 5:08 am

InnocuousFox, if you are a CLE CTR controller on vatsim, you probally handled my flight, it was a C-5, and there was a 757 or something behind me at DTW, its always fun to give them a nice jet-blast once and awhile.

-Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

InnocuousFox

Wed May 12, 2004 6:09 am

"InnocuousFox, if you are a CLE CTR controller on vatsim, you probally handled my flight, it was a C-5, and there was a 757 or something behind me at DTW, its always fun to give them a nice jet-blast once and awhile "

Dude... that doesn't mean I'm on 24/7! There are a LOT of controllers in CLE Center!

regional757

Thu May 13, 2004 3:33 pm

I agree with Flymia. That would be awsome to fly with everyone on line. And like if more than one person wantedd to use the same runway at the same airport then they would have to hold short, then #2 for takeoff, ect. If they could come out with a system to things like that without taking up too much space that would be great. Not counting on that anytime soon though. Does anyone know any good sites to download aircraft? All the ones I went to weren't that good. They only had the outside of the aircraft but the cockpit was the same as the Learjet or the other way around.

InnocuousFox

Fri May 14, 2004 1:04 am

I am an AI designer/programmer. Trust me when I tell you that the concept of accurate, realistic ATC AI programming would be a bitch and a half. Better stick with VATSIM and let the people do it.

jamotcx

Sun May 16, 2004 10:43 am

Seriously people check http://www.vatsim.net out.

I've been a member for years back when it was called Satco. Back in the '90s if you can beleive that.

Jamo