planespotterx

Duxford 6th June

Fri May 21, 2004 6:53 am

Just wondering if any A.net's are going to be at Duxford this coming weekend to celebrate the 60th D-Day landings anniversary.
Ill be going, just wondering where the best place to see the display would be, also what's going to be there "flying wise", or any special static displays being flown in.
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

CON207

RE: Duxford 6th June

Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:10 am

Not sure if I'll be going yet as it could be a last minute decision for me.
To find out whats on at this airshow, go to their official website. You should be able to find out whats going on.There appears to be plenty going on that day and weather permitting it should be a great day out'.

www.iwm.org.uk/duxford/airshow2004.htm

Sue  Smile
Being ill sucks. Never take life for granted!!

planespotterx

Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:06 am

Thanks Sue, but ive already been to the Duxford website to book tickets, found a display list too, Im happy just to see a Spitfire fly, never mind all of the RAF single-fighters and a Nimrod, looks like its going to be on a good hot day too (hopefully cloud-free) around 26'c.
So ive already got tickets, and staying over Sat night, getting up early for the airshow, should be a good day to remember D-Day, hopefully I might get a flight in a Dragon Rapide and talk to a few WW2 veterans.
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

trekster

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:03 am

would love to go to it. My mum was going to book a tour that was goin there but it was cancelled at the last min
Where does the time go???