planespotterx

Cargo Flights Idea's...

Sat May 29, 2004 6:30 am

Im currently planning to use the default FS2002 Cargo 747, the thing is ive never done Cargo flying before, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on destinations, what sorts of routes should I be taking, If theres any special procedured for Cargo flights (Id like to make it as real as possible..)
My HUB will be Manchester (EGCC), and im planning European, American, and Russian routes..
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

LHRman

RE: Cargo Flights Idea's...

Sat May 29, 2004 6:37 am

MAN - ANC (possibly you will have to go via JFK or somewhere in that region if you are carrying a full load of freight).

MAN - CGN
MAN - MEM (Memphis)
MAN - DFW
MAN - LGE (Liege)
MAN - OST (Ostend)
MAN - LUX (Luxembourg Findel)

All these would be places you could fly carrying freight. Not sure on many in russia but all these I have flown successfully!

Thanks Dave  Big thumbs up
Always after the picture you can't get..

planespotterx

Sat May 29, 2004 7:12 am

Thanks LHRman, Is there any "schedule" to cargo flying, as in Passenger, or is it simply a case of "making it up" on FS2002.
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

FlyingColours

Sun May 30, 2004 6:55 am

You could try flying one of the real world cargo flights from MAN, such as the CX Cargo, Dragonair, Air Hong Kong, China Airlines Cargo and Cargolux. Incidently are Polar planning a return?

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

flymia

Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:46 pm

Cargo Flying is great! I mostly do Commercial but Cargo is starting to come up on my list. I do realistic flight like my next cargo flight takes off from MIA at 11:30pm to DEN in 747-200F. But it is great. what about MAN-MIA or MAN-Kiev MAN-ANC (Thats Long) MAN-NRT?
Cargo flights dont always takeoff at night just matters where the hub is. Many or most cargo flights take off at night because they had all the packages they need for sure. Also you dont have to worrie about hiting turbulance or making sharp turns in cruise since there are no pax.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

jwenting

Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:05 am

For real serious cargohaulers: http://www.globecargo.org Atlas Air VA currently being started with permission from the airline!
I wish I were flying