wilax

Skyworks Needs To Quit!

Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:51 am

Incredibly disappointed again...
Just as I was about to plunk down 40 bucks on Wilco's CR7, I see that Project Skyworks has just released their freeware version. That plane is an insult to Flight Simulator 2004. I used to think that their 717 was bad with it's drooping, unrealistic wings, but now they have truly topped themselves. Don't get me wrong, I have immense respect for anyone who will sit at a computer for thankless hours designing a free aircraft for me to use to add realism to my simulation experience, but even starving people won't eat horse shit if its handed to them. Why is it that Opensky, IFDG, Meljet, FFX, etc seem to do such a great job at freeware aircraft, but others seem to not even try? This CRJ might be acceptable for FS5 or even ATP in terms of realism, but in FS9, it does not even make good AI. There are virtually no moving surfaces, and the flaps are truly a joke. The entire visual model looks as if it was rendered by someone's very bad memory, and for some reason, the download was more than 1MB.

Thanks, but no thanks PSW. I would recommend this download to anyone who would like a good laugh...

NWADC9

RE: Skyworks Needs To Quit!

Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:03 am

That story already laughed!!!!! I want to download this piece of crap!!!!!
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

dc-10 levo

Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:13 pm

I downloaded it yesterday and deleted it yesterday Big grin. Got to admit it's not the best piece of freeware I've seen.

DC-10

phatfarmlines

Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:54 am

Why is it that Opensky, IFDG, Meljet, FFX, etc seem to do such a great job at freeware aircraft, but others seem to not even try?

I wouldn't be so hard on Skyworks. All great FS aircraft designers have to start somewhere. Some of the above groups mentioned even did not have on-par aircraft addons at one point.