A3204eva
Topic Author

Vatsim - But Ground Handling?

Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:16 am

I was thinking that this could go together with VATSIM or IVAO.

Before and after your flight online, you could have ground handlers load/unload, refuel, start-up etc to complete your online experience.

Just like VATSIM have ATC Controllers, they could have ground handlers Smile

I know it would be hard work to get it started, and I know it will probably never happen, but it's just an idea.

What do you think - Good or bad idea?  Confused
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

N139J

RE: Vatsim - But Ground Handling?

Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:20 am

Ground crews can be added with scenery and other addons. However I don't see it ever being a part of VATSIM. It really doesn't seem practical. Good idea though.

-Jason
N139J

jamotcx

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:04 am

The immediate thing that hits me is the fact that you cant have a pushback tug that someone else drives to push you back.

Maybe a preflight briefing center etc, with virtual pax and payloads needing to go to the destination your flying too?

Jamo

FlyingColours

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:28 am

I had the idea of a virtual travel agency a while back, where people 'booked' a holiday or flight and the agency would find the right flight and then send them off with a VA, it meant that a VA and Travel Agency worked together so there were more than fictional pax, Of course this had severe limitations but was just an idea.

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

A3204eva
Topic Author

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:41 pm

That's a nice idea Phil Smile

Thanks for the replies everyone.

A320
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

PHLapproach

Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:10 am

Do many VA's have dispatchers while flying in Vatsim. I don't believe they do. If you think about it, dispatchers are in constant contact with flights updating on weather, traffic at the destination. Also Ramp control could be useful, at PHL US has 2 ramp towers (one being the old PHL tower) and to the south of the airport UPS has a tower for their Ramp control at night.