Continental
Topic Author

A Virtual Co-Pilot Would Be Nice

Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:33 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a virtual co-pilot for FS2004. I always fly my flights VFR as I avoid the controller. I would like to be connected to a controller like in real life, but I always walk away from my computer for extended periods of time, and when I return my IFR is cancelled. I think it'd be nice if there was a program where you can leave, and the plane would make turns when you get to waypoints, descend/ascend if necessary, switch frequencies, spot traffic in the vicinity, etc. That'd be great! That way, towards the end of the flight, I could land it with the vectors provided to me by the ATC, which I enjoy! What do you think??

mikedlayer

RE: A Virtual Co-Pilot Would Be Nice

Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:51 pm

Yeah that would be a really good idea, I'm fed up of requesting new IFR destinations!! lol. The only virtual co-pilot i've seen are those cheep graphics then when you look right in the flight deck theres a dressed up man sitting dead up right in the co-pilots seat lol.

Mike

noelg

Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:00 pm

Forget the co-pilot - can we have a virtual stewardess to bring drinks/food etc to us? We wouldn't need to leave the flight deck then!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Get some of those Hooters Air F/As - although I think I'd end up spending more and more time at my computer!!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Brian Stevenson - SPOT THIS!

Cheers,
Noel.

ZKSUJ

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:09 pm

"The only virtual co-pilot i've seen are those cheep graphics then when you look right in the flight deck theres a dressed up man sitting dead up right in the co-pilots seat lol."
Notice how the Pilot is always blonde and the FO is a brunette, wow, what if the someone flying on the computer isn't blonde?
I do agree about the thing though. I sit infront of my computer for hours upon hours when long haul. Luckily form me I have a TV, Radio and other entertainment in my room.

SUJ

FlyingColours

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:28 pm

I just have a TV and it is very boring on the longer flights, My PS2 is upstairs in my room as is my DVD player and radio.

The past few long flights I have done I have just sat here and read my 2 books from the Library (The Rama Series - Read 1,2,3 but 4 isn't in the library so it's on order). But now that is over I think I may just crack up.

Why is whenever you are flying over a vast ocean that ATC decide to hand you over when you are taking a leak !?!?!

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

ZKSUJ

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:46 pm

It's Murphy's law my friend. Always happens, they hand you over and cancel your IFR in the space of 3 minute when you have a leak or get something to eat. You are not alone on that one.

flymia

Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:47 am

Well on some of my real long flights I get a Freind to fly with me and I have a real FO.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

justplanecrazy

Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:04 am

Ive been waiting for a virtual pilot add on just something that will fly the plane while im in the bath or watching tv then i can enjoy the views without having to be at the controls.Of course you can use the FMC but that wont change the radios or take off or land by itself without occasional input
your pilots today on this 747 flight are captain oliver hardy and assisting will be FO stan laurel.Have a safe flight