Canadian747
Topic Author

Virtual Airlines Startup

Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:18 am

Hey folks,

I am looking at starting my own Virtual Airline named Canjet virtual Airlines and i was just wondering on how do I go abouts getting it off the ground and what kind of staff do I need and how do I go abouts hiring and associated sites that I need to be a member of to start up.

I hope some of you can help!!

Canadian747

Canadian747
Topic Author

RE: Virtual Airlines Startup

Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:52 am

help me cause i would like this to be as realistic as possible!!!!

A340600

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:50 am

I've started one- launch on 5th sep

U gotta ire staff and do things like create a livery and logo etc. etc. Lots of planning to be done Big thumbs up

Cheer

Sam Smile

Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

Canadian747
Topic Author

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:33 am

I will be basing my VA on Canjets Model!!! hence Canjet virtual airlines!!

tbanger

Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:44 am

H there Canadian747,
I started my own VA on 2 other occasions. The first one crashed and burned...It wasn't pretty. I had recruited plenty of staff, but didn't have the expertise to get the airline off the ground, nor did any of my staff have the time.

I then decided to join the management team of an existing VA to get some insight into how one operates. Once I had this information, I was then ready to start my own VA. It was very successful but I was working very long hours in my real life job and couldn't put the time into the VA that it required. I was spending 5 or 6 hours each day at weekends trying to catchup.

Realistically I didn't have the expertise to design an automated website. The only way to succeed is to allow for automated PIREPS. This frees up time to working on keeping your airline dynamic.

So that I am not rambling away on this thread, I will contact you via email and get some details off you so that I can better advise.

I am not trying to turn you off a VA here, but you need to know the sorts of problems that can occur. There are a lot of VA's out there and alot are very high tech. You need to be better than the other guy.