ZKSUJ
Topic Author

Ultimate Traffic RAM

Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:15 am

One question. Ultimate traffic needs 512 ram. I have 512 ram but will I neded to upgrade the Ram to make it no jump and stop during flight? How badly does it effect the computer with the minimum Ram requirements? Or should I opt for traffic 2004?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ZKSUJ

northstardc4m

RE: Ultimate Traffic RAM

Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:13 am

no you dont need to upgrade, UT specifies 512 as a system requirement but the truth is, it will run on anything FS9 will.

As for stutters, that depends more on the CPU and graphics adapter than RAM.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

LHRman

Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:20 pm

Indeed, what North star has said is right. I have exactly the settings on my comp that UT asks for, which meant I thought that it would stutter all the time and my frames rates would drop to 2-3ps. However, UT has done a fantastic job. Admitidly when I do a lot of things at once the computer has to stop and think for a few seconds but then it gets started again and it doesn't do it again for the remainder of my flight. UT is fantastic my advise out there to anyone who is thinking of buying an AI add-on for your computer to go for this one! Great planes, great price and the most in depth schedules out there!

Thanks Dave Big grin
Always after the picture you can't get..

ZKSUJ
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:14 pm

Thanks Guys. I am just wondering because my processor is a celeron and not a pentium 4. The graphics card should be fine. Anyone know about the processor?