Espion007
Topic Author

FS2k4 And Windows XP Problem

Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:31 pm

I just got a new computer with windows XP home edition. Even beter the new comp and also handle fs2k4.well its running well and all,but theres a problem in every game.For about 20 minutes to an hour,its running fine but then it freezes for a second,and then i get an error messsage and the computer goes into safe mode (resolution automaticly set to 640x480,and color goes to 9-bit).Is there something i can configure to stop this problem?
Snakes on a Plane!

KCmike

RE: FS2k4 And Windows XP Problem

Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:05 pm

Have you added any AI? I have XP and also experiance what exactly you described. I loaded Project AI and now it does this frequently. Any more help is appreciated as i experiance the same problem
Cleared for the option...

Espion007
Topic Author

Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:16 am

KC,after a lengthy call to the support line i got a solution (yay!). First,try playing in safe mode (go to start>programs>microsoft games>msfs2004>troubleshooting>safe mode). If it works fine then,than all u need to do is download the driver from intel.com. heres how:

First,go to start,and run. type in "dxdiag" without the qoutes.hit enter,and you should get some window open.then at the top, go to display.in the top left box,look at chip type (says something like Intel (R) 82865G Graphics controller). Write that down-you will need it later.

at the top is a button saying supports and downloads. put your cursor over that,and go to download center. then on the right,click on graphics.Go to desktop graphic controllers,and choose the one that matches your chip type. then select your operating system,and then go onto downloading the latest driver on there (the one on top). save it to your desktop. Then when its finnished, open it and follow directions. Then reboot and your off to fly into the wild blue yonder without them error message  Smile
Snakes on a Plane!

ZKSUJ

Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:17 pm

It may be the crash to desktop syndrome which apparently happens to most FS2004 pilots from time to time.

KCmike

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:18 pm

Thank You Espion007! Im going to have to try that out
Cleared for the option...