Bronko
Topic Author

Subscription Based Flight Trackers

Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:33 pm

I just signed up for fboweb.com's $9.95 a month service. It is ok, just gives you the Flight #, basic plane type, owner, origin, and ETA in a table that is not sortable.

What other flight trackers are people using? Do you like it or not?
Jet City Aviation Photography

maiznblu_757

RE: Subscription Based Flight Trackers

Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:53 pm

This should be in the hobby forum but Ill go ahead and shoot. I also use FBOweb (since 2001) it gives me all that I need to know. I also subscribed to airnav for 6 months, but, I like the interface on FBOweb better. I like being able to look at traffic histories back to 2001. "Was that a 777 you saw at 777 you saw while driving past CLE on your way to the store?" Just look on FBOweb and you can see what it really was.

I used to go and sit at the airport all day waiting for stuff to come in. I miss the golden days a bit, being surprised not knowing what is inbound.

Being married with that big "R" word, its just not possible all the time.

Bronko
Topic Author

Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:57 pm

I posted the thread here as I use a flight tracker specifically for aviation photography purposes. So I wanted feedback from the perspective of other aviation photographers, although I appreciate your input too Chad.

j/k!
Jet City Aviation Photography

rsmith6621a

Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:04 pm

Mr Jet City,

I have been using FBOweb for about two weeks now and personally Im a little disappointed I think its functionallity is a little too novice. Personlly I am looking at AirNav......for 70 buckeroos every six month and with 60 hours a month of tracking capabilitys I think its interface is alot more effecient and effective to use........Stay away from FlightExplorer the usage charges for the novice version could break your bank if you are not careful to watch how much time you spend online.....you onl get 10 hours a mont for 10 bucks.

Id sure love to have Metorlogics version of flight tracking it is very sweet....DL,UAL,USAir use it and you can multitask within one window.....but you have to be a FBO or airline as it is spendy per month to use.

Hope to see you one day during Seafair.

Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

maiznblu_757

Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:32 pm

"Was that a 777 you saw at 777 you saw while driving past CLE on your way to the store?"

WOW...  Embarrassment

mcdonobr

Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:19 pm

Have you checked out Red One Aviation flight tracking at:
http://icarus.red1aviation.com/index.jsp

AF777ER

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:05 pm

I just use the flight tracker system in Sherlock that comes with my Mac. Its not as good as the ones you have above but its alright for tracking a family members flight etc etc. I also like to track any flights for fun. I would like to get a more professional one.