LHR27C
Topic Author

FS9: Heathrow Overviews With Full AI

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:16 am

***Warning 56k, these are large JPGs!***

Hi guys, a few shots from a busy morning at Heathrow as I was flying over for your attention, I think there's about 130 aircraft on the ground  Big thumbs up. Anyone else got some they'd like to share?

Cheers,

Oliver
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward

KLM777

RE: FS9: Heathrow Overviews With Full AI

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:57 am

Great pictures Oliver!

Can you tell me which scenery for LHR this is, cause it looks fabulous!

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen
Every landing is a controlled crash

gr325

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:08 am

Indeed would like to know as well. Great shots.
One more question. Is that AI with PAI or with ultimate traffic?
"You should have gone to specsavers"

jutes85

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:10 am

I think thats Heathrow Pro 2004. Its available for download errrr........purchase.

BTW, how did you Heathrow filled up like that? I have Ultimate Traffic 2004 and I still have spaces.
nothing

Aaron747

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:45 am

Heathrow Pro 04 is one of the best sceneries available. I would buy it 8 days out of the week.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

LHR27C
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:34 am

Hi guys

Yes, the scenery is Heathrow Pro, using the Getmapping aerial photos, a really fab scenery. AI is PAI for the airlines they have as packages, but quite a few of the other airlines I did myself with MRAI flightplans and PAI repaints, works very well, I have about 1200 movements a day, the real LHR is about 1350.

The most difficult part was getting the AFCAD parking positions just right, it takes a lot of tailoring to your individual AI operation.

I'll post some of a sunset approach onto 27L tomorrow, the eye candy really gets going then.

Oliver
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward

phatfarmlines

Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:08 am

That sure is alot of traffic, I hope you have runway 5/23 active for landings (Unrealistic, but I couldn't help it Sad)

LHR27C
Topic Author

Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:21 pm

Actually I haven't opened up 05/23 (doesn't exist any more for your info, has been downgraded, would make for an awkward landing strip anyway with G-BOAB parked at one side) but I have made some modifications to the main runways. A few tips for those with lots of traffic, I've
-Moved the threshold back to the very beginning of the runway even if it is displaced in real life, this way it saves the wait for AI aircraft to taxi religiously up to threshold before taking off when there is a large queue behind them and they already have clearance.
-Moved all hold short nodes as close to the runway as possible without impeding operations.
-Placed fictionial runway turn off points all along the runway where aircraft are most likely to exit, the result looks a bit messy on AFCAD because the runway exits are all squashed up against each other, and it looks a bit weird when an AI aircraft taxies over the grass after landing, however it works very well in that when they have finished the landing roll they can turn directly off the runway rather than taxiing at snail's pace to the next turn off and causing multiple go arounds behind.

I was looking for a tool to modify the AI taxi speed so as to push it up to 25 knots, however I don't think this can be done in FS9 unlike in FS2002.

Oliver

timjohns

Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:48 pm

Stunning! Mr Summon's scenery is obviously still up to scratch. You must have a a high spec computer to run all that!
A.Net Airlines - 2 million miles!