glenops

New Guy Here And Advice Needed Please

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:58 am

Hi all, first post on here and glad i found this site.
I have for some time been trying to gain information regarding what type (if any) flight tracking programs there are for a mac laptop, i have recently come across air nav systems and that looks great but i am waiting to hear back from them to see if there program runs on a mac, any of you guys that could offer some valuable info regarding this, it is something i really want to get into and hoping you can help, obviously looking for something that is fair price wise, that has flight tracking, maps etc etc.

Also, i have played FS 2004 on an old laptop i had, now with the mac i am hoping to be able to get this on here, fantastic product, if any of you could enlighten me again it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

timjohns

RE: New Guy Here And Advice Needed Please

Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:32 pm

I don't know about programmes for Macs, but I found the tracking software very dissapointing, and am glad I didn't buy it in the end. The AirNav systems use ACARS to work, and I found that whilst aircraft often sent out messages, they rarely sent their position in the messages. I find it much more interesting just to listen to R/T.

As for FS on macs, I don't know that it can be done.
A.Net Airlines - 2 million miles!

glenops

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:12 am

ok thanks, i just found out that if i get a programme called virtual pc for mac, then that allows me to run microsofy software so will be able to run FS without any problems, i hope !

what is the latest FS out right now ? is it the FS2004 century of flight ?

Q330

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:33 am

what is the latest FS out right now ? is it the FS2004 century of flight ?

Yep.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

-Q
Long live the A330!

eclipseflight7

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:52 pm

Mac's and flightsim go together much like putting rocks in a cake. It just doesn't work. Here's my specs, and may I add it works excellent:

Hewlett Packard Pavillion
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
1 GB of RAM
Radeon 9800

$2000, including my sound system and monitor. If you do get something like this, then go for a 9800XT. I've heard up to 15% better framerates from the base version.
Holy sh*ts and burritos.