Pmdg 737 NG Take Off Question

Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:44 am

what am I doing wrong when I do a fly now and the aircraft is already on the run and I throttle up the engines for take off and release the brake. I use up all the runway and go past the runway before the aircraft lifts off please help

RE: Pmdg 737 NG Take Off Question

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:18 am

Well, first, make sure your runway is long enough (at least 7000') and that you wait for the "rotate" call before pulling back. I say this because you'd be surprised how many people forget to pull back on the stick, or try to take off from a 3000' strip. Won't happen.

If that isn't the problem, make sure that you have some flaps set (10 degrees is good unless you have a really long runway), and that your trim is set correctly. Usually, 5.5 degrees of up trim will be good, unless the FMC tells you differently (even if it does, or if you don't program it, 5.5 will get you off the ground). You can try the autothrottle too (make sure it's engaged, and then press the top left screw on the autopilot to put it into takeoff mode).

One more thing you might want to check is whether you are overweight. Some planes start up with full load and fuel, and this will be over the max takeoff weight. Take some passengers, bags, or fuel out and try again.
7 billion, one nation,'s a beautiful day

Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:33 am

Have you set flaps, and most importantly in the PMDG 737 set the trim. The trim needs to be adjusted for takeoff.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:03 pm

flaps 5 for take off is normal unless you have a short runway or heavy load.
Reduced your fuel to 50% thats enough fuel to keep in the air for 4 hours+
your pilots today on this 747 flight are captain oliver hardy and assisting will be FO stan laurel.Have a safe flight