KCmike

Installing Textures For FS

Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:27 am

I have followed all of the details the AI Aardvark website offers on installing textures for aircraft in FS9 and have done all the steps however my new aircraft isnt appearing in my game? anyone have aclue?

Mike
Cleared for the option...

wilax

RE: Installing Textures For FS

Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:18 am

Did you modify the Aircraft.cfg?

KCmike

Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:32 pm

Yes I have modified the Aircraft.cfg
I copyed the info that was with the texture and placed it where it said to be. still no luck, thanks for the help though

Q330

Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:41 pm

What specifically do you mean by saying the "aircraft isn't appearing in my game"? If you mean that it doesn't show up on the aircraft menus, that's meant to be the case. If you mean that it's not showing up in the simulator and flying around as an AI aircraft, perhaps you haven't assigned it to any flightplans yet.

-Q
Long live the A330!

NAV20

Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:54 pm

KCMike, not enough info. to help you, really.

Notoriously, freeware download 'Read.me's' always miss out at least one vital piece of information!  Smile So just 'following the instructions' isn't always enough.

First of all, check that your new aeroplane isn't actually there. They don't always appear under 'Cessna' or Boeing' or whatever. Click on 'Any' and scan down through the lot, you might find it.

If that doesn't work, go into Windows Explorer and look at the file structure of one of the default aeroplanes - then make sure, as far as you can, that your new one is set up the same way.

The 'safest' way to install any download is to unzip the whole lot directly into the FS9 Aircraft folder, then copy out any files (like 'gauges') that you are specifically told to put somewhere else. Textures are almost always tricky - often you have to move the individual files across into the main FS textures folder, not just paste in the downloaded 'textures' folder. But every freeware aeroplane seems to be handled differently.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

Q330

Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:14 am

First of all, check that your new aeroplane isn't actually there. They don't always appear under 'Cessna' or Boeing' or whatever. Click on 'Any' and scan down through the lot, you might find it.

As I said in my last post, most of the AI Aardvark aircraft aren't meant to show up in the aircraft menus. If, however this is one of the ones that does show up, it would be under the manufacturer "Aardvark" or "AI Aardvark".

-Q
Long live the A330!

KCmike

Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:50 am

It is not showing up in the aircraft menu of my game. Ive looked in all the models. The example that isnt working for me is a Song 757-200 from AI Aardvark, I have the 757-200 Northwest Model from AIA that i am using and the aircraft does show up in the aircraft menu but the Song model doesnt.

wilax

Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:01 pm

In the aircraft.cfg, you must number the [fltsim x] entries exactly beginning with [fltsim 0] and not skipping numbers. It happened to me once. I skipped a number and all the planes after the last one in order did not show up in the menu.

Q330

Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:44 pm

Another thing I just thought of: Make sure you have distinct names for each variant in the "title=" line of the Aircraft.cfg.

-Q
Long live the A330!

LHR27C

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:22 pm

FS is very sensitive to details in the aircraft.cfg file. If it isn't showing up on the menu and should be, check very carefully over the lines referring to the Song paint in the cfg, i.e. that it has a different title, next [fltsim.x] number, and that the lines referring to other folders like model and texture are pointing in the correct places.
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward

NWADC9

Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:15 am

Actually, it's not a texture problem or anything like that. The thing is that all of the AIA models from now on don't show up in the aircraft folder on purpose. See website
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

KCmike

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:10 am

Thanks all, So will the base model of the AIA aircraft still show up though or just the second model? That being a NW 752.

NWADC9

Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:57 am

The base model won't show up. The older model you have (the NWA 757-200) will show up since they recently edited all the .air files to not show up in the Aircraft menu.
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard