CVGpilot
Topic Author

Your Realisum Settings

Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:48 am

Do you feel that you get the most of flightsim with all the realisum settings turned up? I find since it is a SIM and there are sum things you just can do in the world of sims and since I fly with a joystick, I just leave iteams such as "P-factor" and the other aerodynamic factors off, and everything else on. How about you? Oh yea and I leave off the "crash when hit another a/c" never know what the AI is up and an uncontrolled field.

ZKSUJ

RE: Your Realisum Settings

Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:04 pm

I set all my settings to as real as possible except at places like NRT and SIN where I have crashes off mode. I try to simulate real life as much as possible but I hate it when ATC make you hit other aircraft whilst taxiing etc...

Mir

Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:42 pm

I have everything turned on with two exceptions: aircraft overstress and collisions with other aircraft.

Overstress was turned off after I was flying along on a long (LA-Hawaii) flight, and the wind suddenly shifted. Suddenly, my normal .82 mach speed was bumped up to .93 mach. The autothrottles faithfully decreased right away to compensate, but could not get the speed back to below the .86 max mach number before the plane overstressed and crashed. Seeing as those kinds of incidents are the only times I ever get into overspeed or overstress, I just leave it turned off, and protect my hair.

Collisions with aircraft were turned off for protection from idiots in multiplayer, but I'm too lazy to switch them back and forth, so they stay off. I can trust myself not to hit any AI traffic or anything.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ZKSUJ

Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:40 pm

The wind changed for me as well when I was going from LAX to Vegas. Very annoying.

LHR27C

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:04 pm

I have everything on the most realism except aircraft overstress, collisions with other aircraft (a nightmare when holding for 27R at LHR with 10 other AI aircraft!) and gyro drift which I have not yet got to grips with.
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward

tavong

Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:07 am

less realism possible...otherwise my FS2004 won't run on my PC  Sad

Gus
SKBO
Just put me on any modern airliner and i will be happy, give me more star alliance miles and i will be a lot more happy.

C172N

Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:19 am

Gyro drift is easily dealt with in FS. Press 'D' to set the DI in sync with the compass. I'm fairly certain that gyro drift will only affect the aircraft with a manually set DI, not aircraft with HSIs.

C172N

NWADC9

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:31 am

I have it as realistic as possible. All the crash settings are on, because I like seeing my downloaded fireball effects Big grin
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard