pilot kaz

Something A Bit Wierd Here...

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:59 pm

hey guys,

This morning i got up from bed and went downstairs to collect the mail and found the new Airliner World Magazine laying there.

Well i know what most of you are thinking. 'Thats normal?', yes it is but i have not subscribed to the magazine ever since my subscription was expired last May.

So here i am, not paying for a magazine that turns up after 5 months from my experation issue?

I cannot see why this has happened? what are your thoughts? muck up at key publishing?

thanks
kaz x

(sorry spell check is not working)
-

iakobos

RE: Something A Bit Wierd Here...

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:31 pm

Perhaps a nice way to remind you that this nice magazine is interested in your (re)subscription ?

Happened to me a few times, including Times Magazine, National Geographic and yes, Airliner World.

greaser

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:09 pm

yeah, they tend to send care packages to you after you cancel it, to remind you that you need their magazines..

last time i canceled they called like 7 times and sent 4 'complimentary' copies.
And so out of guilt i resuscribed for another year
Now you're really flying

Arniepie

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:33 am

Lucky you,
By law ,everything they send you ,you can keep without having to pay for as long as you didn't fill in an orderform.
Let's hope they forgot to book you out and the free issues keep comming your way.
[edit post]

ZKSUJ

Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:06 pm

Lucky Lucky Lucky.
Keep enjoying it and take advantage of this while you can.

concord977

Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:55 pm

Sometimes, magazine publishers must guarantee advertisers that their adverts will be seen by a minimum of ?? subscribers. So the publisher is then obligated to get the same number of copies into circulation so that his contract with the advertiser is fulfilled.

If he doesn't have that many people subscribed at the time - he is forced to send out free copies to meet the minimum guaranteed. This is called a "slug distribution".

Your name must have been high enough in the database that you made the cut and received a slug copy.
No info