Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Asiana Airlines Collectibles

Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:17 pm

I know there's a market for airline collectibles ... here's my question:

A friend of mine has come across an Asiana Airlines Appetizer Utensil set. It has 3 small forks and 3 small spoons plated with 24k gold, and has the Asiana logo enameled on the handle. The 6 pieces are in a lined box, with the Asiana logo on the outside of the box. They want to know if this is worth anything? Or if anyone knows anything about this?

[Edited 2004-10-15 11:19:56]
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

aa757first

RE: Asiana Airlines Collectibles

Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:25 am

This is kinda a hard question to answer. Do you know if this was given out during a special flight (first aircraft flight, first flight into a new city, ect) or is it old (as in before 1988)? Or is this routine First Class service?

If it's the former, I guess it would be worth maybe $20 or $30. If its the latter, $10. Please don't take my word on this, because I pretty much just came up with that off the top of my head.

AAndrew

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

RE: Asiana Airlines Collectibles

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:25 am

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along.

Has anything similar appeared on eBay? I've heard there is an airline collectibles area, and a lot of old PA stuff sells. I was also wondering how the other airlines collectibles/merchandise fares there.
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn