jetjeanes

Airliner Magazine

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:41 pm

I used to be able to get a magazine called airliner,but they have virtually disappeared...does anyone know if they are still around or a contact or website.....There were some interesting article in these mags
i can see for 80 miles

clickhappy

RE: Airliner Magazine

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:49 pm

of course they are still around  Smile

http://www.airlinersonline.com/

ETStar

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:30 pm

I am greatly disappointed in all mags that cater to airline/aviation enthusiasts... well, more that I don't see their purpose anymore as they report on items I read about online the day they were announced. However, some of the articles they publish are quite interesting, and are a good way to spend time at the library - I bought every issue of Airliner World, Airways and Airliners for almost 5 years, and finally stopped as it simply did not make sense. Also, moving to a new place made me realize how many boxes of these I had in my apartment! Anyways, the close to $11 price of Airliner World is not longer justified. Will buy an issue that has a piece (not just news) on Ethiopian Airlines however...

GSPSPOT

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:54 pm

I like how they do in-depth profiles of airports and airlines, and you get some really good pictures of planes and such, too! I think they're overpriced, but I still enjoy them.
Finally made it to an airline mecca!

ATLhomeCMH

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:21 pm

I think they're overpriced, but I still enjoy them.

I agree. However I personally think Airways Magazine is excellent. Each issue they give a summary of current aviation news from every region in the world. Excellent fodder for A.net forums  Smile

But at GSPSPOT said, they also highlight a couple major events and locations in every issue. In the recent (Dec 2004) issue:

-an in-depth report about DL's (and other airlines') revitalization plans
-an overview of Phoenix Shy Harbor International Airport
-the story of a recent trans-Pacific flight in a DC-3

Happy reading. http://www.airwaysmag.com
"The most terrifying words in the Engligh language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan