ua777222

MFS2004 + Yoke + Pedals + Help!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:48 pm

Ok so I got a pretty cool gift for my birthday. I am a PPL student and never really got into "flight simming" yet have been in all of UA's flight sims a few times around. I got MFS 2004 and 3 CH Products.

I got the MFS2004: A Century Of Flight, CHPro. Yoke USB, CHPro. Pro Pedles USB, and CHPro.Throttle Twin Engine Quadrant USB.

I have not set it up nor have I installed the game. What can I expect out of this set up? How good do you think this "set up" is?

Can anyone with common set up or common knowledge tell me what to do when setting these up. My next question is; Can you guys post links of free add-on's that are very easy to install. I don't care about size.

And lastly can you guys expand on what I should expect and how the 2004 is better than the 2002.

Thanks for all the help.

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

ZKSUJ

RE: MFS2004 + Yoke + Pedals + Help!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:19 pm

Here are some links to some free add on sites:

http://www.flightsim.com

http://www.avsim.com

http://www.sucalro.com

Also try going to 'projectai' for some traffic of various airlines and aircraft from around the world.
I hope theses help, you are lucky that you have the pedals, throttle quad. etc... Most of us don't have enough money. I do not have a clue how to install them.

LHR27C

Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:21 am

That setup looks excellent, provided your computer is up to it.

FS is very useful for PPL practice, particularly instrument work. I am starting PPL lessons on Wednesday ( Big grin ) and I'm considering purchasing the FlightOne Cessna 152 add on as this is what I'll be learning in.

What aircraft type are you learning in? If it is the C152 then I would suggest you get FlightOne's add on, it will be very useful for practice and might save some hours in the air before getting your license...

Address is: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=c152-1

First of all though, test out the setup with the default Cessna 172 on FS. I haven't got that hardware - what a gift for a birthday!

Oliver
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward

eclipseflight7

Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:04 am

Your computer should be able to detect the yoke, pedals, and throttle automatically. If it doesn't then there should be an installation CD with it. Flightsim will automatically detect any controllers that are connected to your computer. Basically all you have to do is plug it in and it will work.
Holy sh*ts and burritos.

ua777222

Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:27 am

But seeing how the yoke comes with throttle quadrants does this mean that one will work and the other won't?

Thanks again!

UA777222

ua777222

Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:24 pm

Here's another question to throw at ya!

What if I want to assign actions to the throttle, RPM, and Mixture levers on the Yoke. Are these levers assignable?

I wanted to assign the throttle levers on this part for airbreaks. If this is possible can someone please expand on what to do.

Thanks again.

UA777222

LHR27C

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:52 am

Yes:

1. Start your computer and then plug all the hardware in. Wait for Windows XP (assuming you have XP) to detect it all and install it automatically. You might need some drivers which would have come with the product.
2. Load FS. Start the default flight.
3. Go to Options > Controls > Assignments and scroll down the list to the assignment you want, i.e. for airbrakes look for the spoiler assignments. Then click on that assignment and when the box pops up to change it, press the button on the yoke/push the lever for the desired control. It should show in the box. Then just click OK. Do this for all the controls you want to set. FS will remember them for the future.

Hope this helps,

Oliver
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward