GEG
Topic Author

Using Headsets With FS2004

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:56 am

I have recently purchased a headset for my computer and I was wondering if it can be used with the game? Can I use voice commands for controls, and can it be used for ATC? Any info on this would be appreciated. -Dan
I have no idea what I'm doing...

timjohns

RE: Using Headsets With FS2004

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:13 am

I think there is a program called 'Voice Buddy' for doing that, made by eDimensional.
A.Net Airlines - 2 million miles!

SA006

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:25 am

Dan , you can also use your headset and fly on http://www.vatsim.net with real ATC and other pilots over voice. Pretty advanced and you have to know what you're doing but there is training available and alot of reading material.

It is also pretty hard to set up...if you have any queries feel free to e-mail me.

Other than Vatsim , as Tim has said Voice Buddy can be used. Although , voice recognition is still in early stages and not as good as its thought out to be...yet.

Rgds  Big thumbs up
SA006
Proudly South African

GEG
Topic Author

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:33 am

i was trying to set up the vatsim last night but i ran out of time, as it was taking quite a while. Maybe i should have my seven year old set it up for me, i'll bet he could get it in an half hour  Big thumbs up. Thanks for the info, i am going to try the voicebuddy as it will be helpful in lessening the burden while in flight with one last thing to worry about. -Dan

SA006

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:38 am

Ah , yes...Vatsim can be a pain to set up if you have FS2004 because the programs that you use were designed for FS2002 initially. So it takes alternative ways of installing and all that to get it working on 2004.

As I said , don't be a stranger and e-mail me if you have any queries  Big thumbs up

Rgds  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
SA006
Proudly South African

flymia

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:39 am

I wish I could get Vatsim to work  Sad I not good with computers maybe I will try this summer. Wish they would just come with one install pack.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

GEG
Topic Author

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:46 am

i would agree on the one install package for vatsim. I have lost count of how many programs I have had to download so far.  Smile -Dan

jamotcx

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:23 pm

OK guys it may look daunting but its actually dead easy to setup everything you need for vatsim.

This guide here talks you though it http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/Readme.txt dead simple, and anyone should be able to follow it.

Jamo

britannia

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:56 pm

Yeh I agree that vatsim is the best, and its not really hard to set up once you have done it a few times. Remember!! you need to register first to use it. Register at www.vatsim.net. registration is free and bewear it is very addictive.

Good luck and play nice,

Iain