B727-200
Topic Author

MS FS10 - What If?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:48 am

Hi All,

There has been an ongoing thread for a while now about our FS2006 wishlist. But I was thinking, what if the people at Microsoft took notice, but found the game would need a complete rework to be achievable?

In other words, what if it is based around a new engine that does not support any of the current version's add-ons (eg. ProjectAI, sceneries, mesh's, aircraft, repaints, etc..)?

Would you be annoyed that you would have to start again from scratch, or excited at the challange of building it up all over again?

B727-200.

ZKSUJ

RE: MS FS10 - What If?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:58 pm

I'd be a bit of both, yes I would like a better product but to strt from scratch is an annoying thing.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

qr332

RE: MS FS10 - What If?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:48 pm

They can still build a new engine based on the GMAX models, which would make all the current aircraft compatible. Microsoft cannot ignore third party software, as it is a major reason people buy FS, so don't expect anything so radical that current aircraft/scenery, etc wont be compatible.

But, if a rework is done, as I said GMAX would probably be still in support, and scenery too. Although what I expect to happen is that the current engine will be further enhanced and made better.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."