waketurbulence

Panels With Callouts

Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:45 pm

As I land, I love to hear the altitude callouts from the GPWS. When I download a panel, callouts are one of the first things I look for during a test flight to see if I like it or not. Is there any way I can add this to all my panels? If not does anyone know of good freeware with callouts. I already have a panel for the Citation II, Fokker 100/70, 737-200, and 757/767. I am looking for any panel, but specifically an A320/330/340 panels and 3 engine panel, like an MD-11 as well. Thanks
-Matt

I use most of the big sites for freeware, but there are so many panels out there it is hard to narrow down really good ones.

Q330

RE: Panels With Callouts

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:54 pm

specifically an A320/330/340 panels

Eric Marciano's excellent freeware A32x/A330 panel has height callouts: http://emarciano.flightsimmer.com/

Take care to install it correctly. Many people don't do it right and then have problems with it.

-Q
Long live the A330!

waketurbulence

Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:11 am

Panels did not work, in fact it it crashed my entire FS9. The GPS_export.DLL does not load at all, and not FS will not start. I installed it correctly taking care to read over all of his steps. Thanks for the try, but now I am very pissed off.
-Matt

nighthawk

Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:43 am

Wake: Did you copy the GPS_export.DLL from the download? If you are using FS2k2 then this is what you need to do, however if you are running FS2k4 then DO NOT copy the dll, you already have it in the module folder. If you have overwritten your DLL then you need to find the file on your FS cd and replace the FS2004 DLL.

Installing for flightsim 2004 is a bit of a pain, I wish Eric would make a new download available for FS2004, as his A320/A330/A340 panels are by far the best free panels I have ever came across!

Anyway, the altitude callouts are all contained in a single gauge, however Ive had a quick search and cannot find any individual gauges you can download. Instead go to flightsim.com and search for "altitude callout" which will return a couple of panels with altitude callout. Download one of them and extract the gauge. Then simply install it into whatever panel you like.

waketurbulence

Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:04 am

Thanks for the help, I just reinstalled FS9, and made a backup of any folders I am going to mess with. Hopefully it will work this time. Thanks again.
-Matt