Thom@s
Topic Author

Is There An Easy Way To Get AI In FS9 To Work?

Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:47 pm

I'm not very into this kind of stuff, as I normally just let the ai planes that come with FS do as they want. But now I had the idea that it would be cool to make the game even more realistic. Being Norwegian, I wanted all the norwegian airports. Got it. I also wanted all the norwegian airlines and their aircrafts. Got it. And I'd like to have the Pacifica/Landmark/Soar/Orbit traffic replaced with the aircrafts that actually operate routes in Norway, like SAS/Braathens,Widerøe. But that doesn't work.

I started off by downloading some aircrafts that were intended to function as AI aircrafts. Then I got the AI routes for the planes. And then I realised I would need ttools. But now that I have this program, I...

1. can't figure out how on earth ttools works.
2. find that all it apparently does, is tell me I need 100 other programs installed to make use of ttools.

It is really starting to frustrate me, and it looks like I'll have to give up on the improved AI idea...  Sad

Unless... any of you could help me out by telling me something along the lines of "you stupid person. this is how you do it, it's easy:" etc.

*Help*

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

FlyingColours

RE: Is There An Easy Way To Get AI In FS9 To Work?

Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:08 pm

Try going to Project AI, they have an installer and all you do is open their AI packages and run them through the installer and presto Real AI has been installed. They are constantly updating existing packages, re-designing aircraft and making new airline packages.

I never used the other ones like AI Aardvark simply because I love PAI so much.

Phil  Smile
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

NWADC9

Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:22 pm

Not to mention they also have military AI as well, and other AI packages that removes certain AI or adds them.
I convert Jet A and 100LL into noise.

Thom@s
Topic Author

Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:25 pm

Hmmm, Ok. I've visited the page and downloaded a few textures and routes... But I still don't know how to make these work in FS2004. Like I said, I can't figure out ttools which I apparently have to use to get the AI files to work...  Sad

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Thom@s
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:38 am

Actually, never mind. I'm officially giving up on AI...

Thom@s

dc-10 levo

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:14 am

Thom@s
Topic Author

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:18 am

Thanks a lot DC-10, that might help.  Smile

Thom@s

drerx7

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:00 am

also mostrealistic AI has more up to date flightplans--you have to provide the aircraft though.
http://www.mostrealisticai.com

[Edited 2005-01-31 23:01:10]
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised