FlyingColours
Topic Author

ATC Didn't Hand Me Over!

Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:03 am

I was on the last stages of cruise on flight FCL1471 FAO-MAN. I was viewing the aircraft from the exterior (because I fancied the change) so I wasn't looking at the guages every 2 seconds like I usually do.

I started to think that the flight was taking longer than usual and then the aircraft entered a turn which I quickly checked and it was a routine turn during the cruise so I left the room to get a refil of water, I come back and the aircraft is now turning the other way, so I look at the guage and bang I am circling at FL300 over Manchester Airport. I quickly look at the kneeboard and there was no record of London Centre handing me over so I never even got a cancelled IFR. I had to contact MAN who vectored me in (I managed to do a good fast yet steady descent) and got on the ground safley after a go-around (because of a nasy crosswind element).

My point is, does anyone know why ATC didn't hand me over?

It's the first time I've never been handed over but I've had them put me on vectors and then forget about me  Insane

Phil  Smile
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

A340600

RE: ATC Didn't Hand Me Over!

Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:16 am

No, but they forgot abnout me on way to AMS, sent me almost up into the Arctic, I cancelled the bloody IFR plan and sore at them before making my own way,

Sam
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

Continental

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:10 pm

Back in FS2002 they forgot me when I flew JFK-MUC, I was on New York Center when I was over Europe! Those jerks!

clrd2go

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:16 pm

Happened to me recently on a flight from BWI-ATL..I don't know why they do it.
I don't think I missed a handoff. There was a string in flightsim.com recently about this phenomenon. Very strange

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

BritPilot777

Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:57 pm

Hey Guys,

They forgot about me approaching Heathrow, pretty much sent me onto a right downwind for the 9'ers and I never heard back, I thought maybe I'll give it some time, got to Bristol (Other side of England) before I gave up.

Moheet  Smokin cool
Forever Flight

komododx

Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:54 am

Happened to me on final approach to intercept ILS in to BCN in from BIO. I was at 2000 over the water when I noticed I couldn't see land anymore

SNB
I'm homeless and unemployed

CaptainTim

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:03 pm

happened to me too.. i was on Auckland to Sydney.. i flew past sydney already.. and i noticed i kept on going without ever being given directsion to change heading or decrease my altitude.. stupid ATC forgot me.. is this trying to create some realism or is it a bug??

tim
Gulfstream Planeview Cockpit: "why have hundreds of buttons when a CCD does the same thing and more?"

clrd2go

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:36 pm

I'm sure it's a bug. Would be interesting to try to figure out what triggers it.

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

NWADC9

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:45 am

I was on RTM-DUB on a Transavia 738, and I contacted Dublin tower, and they said "make straight in...". I did. Straight to the Atlantic Ocean 80 miles away from the airport!!!!!!!!!  Pissed
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard