Topic Author

Just Planes United 777-200

Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:49 am

Anyone else have problems with their dvd? I have had this one for about 2 years and everytime I put it in, I only get sound out of my left speaker. It's not a problem with my dvd player because all of my other dvd's work great. Stero sound and everything. But for some reason this one just doesn't work right. And once it gets to the chapter on the Heathrow departure, it just freezes up. Not a scratch on the dvd either. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem.  Confused

RE: Just Planes United 777-200

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:04 am

Don't own the dvd, but if your having problems, just drop Justflight an e-mail. They're usally very good.
Living the high life on my Moderator pension...

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:40 am

What a coincidence! Just last night I decided to try out my head phones because of my new television set. I picked the United 777 DVD out to see if it would channel alright with the tv and headphones. Not only did my DVD work real well but I was picking up somethings I had not noticed before like conversation during walk around, pre-flight,etc... No channeing problems at all. Now I go online here and see this .  Wow!
Just Planes is usually real accomodating but if you have had it for two years I am not real sure. Good luck though.  Big thumbs up

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:53 am

I find that DVD-R dvd's aren't reliable and it comes down to what software is used for recording it.
My bro has one from his racing school and it doesn't always work on the TV dvd player, it seems like they used a cheap recording software for it.

Other than that, I have one from A&E store and they have good recording quailty DVD-R and seems fine.

I like the ones that comes with movies such as Air Force One, etc and they're recorded professionally but they're expensive, anywhere from $15 to $30.

I can tell the type of DVD they use. The DVD-R are purple on the reading side.
The movies DVD have clear reading side and looks similar to music CD's you buy in the store.
And those bull CD-R portrayed into "DVD" have a light green reading side.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:05 am

But JPV doesn't utilize "DVD-R" recording. They use the "full-fledged" DVD-VIDEO format (i.e.: not "burned in" via a DVD recorder). JPV's are "pressed" at a factory, just like movie DVDs.