I have a Parkzone Piper J-3 Cub. It has a wingspan of 37 1/4" . This plane is a lot of fun to fly. I will list my main reasons for recommendation:
1. It's relatively cheap ($160)
2.You can replace just about every part without special order
3. The kit comes with a charger, controller, and battery
4. The Cub is sensitive, but easy to fly once you get the hang of it
5. Can do loops and stalls and I have made it up to around 200ft.
6. Lands and takes off on the grass
7. Durable construction
8. Has two different flying modes: Beginner and Acrobatic(changes sensitivity)
I really recommend this plane if you're not wanting to spend a whole lot, but don't want just any ol' plane! I have pulled double loops, flown around in circles with a buzzard, and have flown under power lines with it. If you break a prop, the engine, the wing, the fuselage, or just about any other part, a replacement is easy to come by. The plane has elevators and a rudder, but no ailerons(too bad). Now if you want a nitro plane, I have no clue what to recommend!
------Forever Watchin' The Sky------