A330Fan1
Topic Author

A Few FS Q's..

Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:12 am

hey fellow flight simmers, i've got a few questions (FS2002 is the program at hand)

1) how do you do screenshots?
2) can someone walk me through a proper landing procedure, i.e., using ILS etc etc
3) proper takeoff procedure
4) what degree should the nose be pointing when in flight? (B744, A340, 763)

thanks.

-A330Fan1

Newark777

RE: A Few FS Q's..

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:34 am

Quoting A330Fan1 (Thread starter):

First of all, press the "Print Screen" button when you want to take a screenshot. Then, go to PhotoShop or some other photo program, and paste the picture into there. Save as a JPEG, and you're set.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

eclipseflight7

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:28 am

2) can someone walk me through a proper landing procedure, i.e., using ILS etc etc

Enter the runway frequency into a Nav radio, activate it, turn on the autopilot, and hit the approach button.

It depends which aircraft

It's not angle so much as speed, and that varies in aircraft.
Holy sh*ts and burritos.

bully707

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi there !!!

Use any kind of sreenshot software... i.e. rapidshot ( to be found at avsim.com ) and save it.

"Perfect Planning Prevents P*sspoor Performance"....meaning, plan ahead!!!
Study the charts supplied by the designer...if there are any  Wink !! Otherwise, after you're lined up with the rwy, set your throttles and rotate at around 140-150kt ( the bigger and heavier your jet, the faster you'll have to go...well thats just the simple version ).
Set flaps and stab-trim.... about 5-15° of flaps and a stabtrim of around +2 should do.
But remeber...these are just guesstimates, as you'll need to study the charts first!!!

That will be set by your autopilot...thats easier than constantly trimming the plane by hand.

After you get your rwy from ATC, set the corresponding ILS freq. into the radioset and activate it, dialing in the airports NDB will also help.
Put the rwy heading into your AP and once the ILS is intercepted, you'll see flags appear on your PFD....then hit the approach button on your AP and it will take to the rwy...about 100-200ft above touch-down, disengage the AP and land her manually!!!

Well that should help a bit....

Godspeed

Bernd
"That's the good thing about the 707...it can do anything, but read!" Joe Patroni, Airport '70

A330Fan1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:56 pm

yeah, hey again! few more q's.

how do i study the charts, and WHERE do i input the info into autopilot so it does it for me?

where do i put the ILS freq into the radioset, and where is the radioset? how to activate it? and rwy heading..where do i find it etc?

thank you very much for this info, all i need to know is how to input it etc! please let me know if u can answer these questions above.

bully707, if u have these answers, please do let me know! i would very much appreciate it

thanks everyone!

-Ron

N754AN

Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:01 pm

A330Fan1,

Have you tried looking in the FS2004 Learning Centre?

I think most, if not all of the answers to your questions will be found in there!

Good luck!

Chris
Fankoooooooo

milan320

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:09 am

hey fellow flight simmers, i've got a few questions (FS2002 is the program at hand)

For 1: Have a look through avsim, or google it. There's a utlility called Fraps (or Fraps99). You can setup a hotkey to take screenshots, make videos of your FS flight, all that. It's payware, but in free-mode, you can still use it. The restriction is that the screenshots will only be saved in bit-map format, whereas in the registered version, you can change the format. Plus it unlocks a few other things. It's pretty neat, and now I'm cleaning out many unwanted screenshots  
That said, if you use it, becareful to not have the hotkey activated or else it will keep on taking screenshots and if you're using the free-mode of the program, those bmp files can fill up your hard drive.

2. As for setting up the landings, it's not that hard. If you have your flight planner, go to your destination airport, and move your mouse over the green bands. You'll get an ILS frequency there. Enter that into your Nav 1 (or Nav 2 then click standby). I turn on the marker also.
Then listen to ATC for vectors for approach and when on you get the final vectors, hit LOCaliser. When it intercepts the ILS, hit APP (for approach) and the computers should guide you in. I could never do an autopilot landing in either the learjet or the Boeings, but now I fly the PSS Airbus and those work fine. That's even easier there since, the ILS frequecies are in the MCDU database, and so when ATC gives you the runway, you select that and the ILS frequency is automatically added, and you don't have to do anything, except hit the loc button and the plane will guide itself in (providing your CG and fuel are calcuated correctly) and land.
Just remember to cut the throttles to idle at about 15 feet and flare up (in any of the planes).

I might have missed some things as I'm at work and not in front of FS9, but I hope you get the general idea.

Cheers!
/Milan320

[Edited 2005-03-23 16:24:24]
I accept bribes ... :-)