ngr

Crossing The Active--problem In FS

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:32 am

Hello everybody!

I just bought Ultimate Traffic, and I love it, but I am getting problems when I fly into busy airports. For example, at ATL, after I land (on an outer runway) there are about 10 planes lined up that need to cross the inner runway to taxi to the various concourses, but ATC will not clear them to cross due to departing aircraft. The only way I can cross is by "Illegally" crossing and taxiing on the wrong taxiways. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks!

ngr

yooyoo

RE: Crossing The Active--problem In FS

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:11 am

Ya, i have the same problem.

Solution?...not really, but i have increased the sim rate to get things moving.

Now i know a true diehard simmer will not even touch the "increase sim rate key" Big grin

Andreas  spin 
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

N754AN

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:14 am

Hello mate,

There are 2 ways of doing this AFAIK.

1. (The easy option) - Turn your traffic density down to about 80% when at busy airports. I have to do this.

2. (The harder option) - You can edit the AFCAD for ATL and change taxiways in use, or reassign certain runways for departure/arrival only... but this I only recommend if you are experienced in using AFCAD.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Chris
Fankoooooooo

eclipseflight7

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:05 pm

If you switch the outer runways for departure then you just have the problem of planes trying to take off having to wait for the inbound planes to land. Theres no true solution.
Holy sh*ts and burritos.

Mir

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:12 pm

The best thing I can tell you is to wait for a plane to takeoff, and then scramble across before the next one comes. Yes, it's illegal, but you didn't hear this idea from me....  Wink

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day