CV990A
Topic Author

Wake Turbulence In FS9

Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:18 pm

So I just had a rather unpleasant experience in FS9- I was on the ILS 9L approach at Sao Paulo GRU, and right about the outer marker, I was cut off by a PAI 767- AA963, next thing I know, my plane- a SGA DC-10- is rolling to the right, nose down, and before I can recover, I am making life very unpleasant for some of Sao Paulo's residents- not to mention my passengers. So did I encounter Wake Turbulence, or is there a bug in FS9? At any rate I don't know if this is a neat or disturbing feature in FS.
Kittens Give Morbo Gas

CO737

RE: Wake Turbulence In FS9

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:18 pm

I don't think it is wake turbulence, as I don't think FS 9 has the capability of producing wake turbulence. What probably happened was you had all crashes turned on and you hit the AA 767, which FS 9 registered as a crash and caused you to go into the ground. That has happened to me a few times, one time I was cruising at altitude, I heard the "Traffic" warning go off, and next thing I knew I was in an uncontrolled dive into the North Sea. Definitely not fun. Hope that helps.

CV990A
Topic Author

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:18 am

CO737- That's what I thought- but the 767 kept on going, and was even issued landing clearance by ATC about the time I hit the ground, oh well...
Kittens Give Morbo Gas

drerx7

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:57 am

AI traffic does not 'crash' per se--if they hit you they keep goin, crash doesn't register with them.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

OV735

Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm

I have experienced wake turbulence in FS9. It's not a good idea to trail a 747 at 300ft AGL (even if you're in an F16 that's got a hell of a manouverability).