Fly2HMO

Running FS In Its Own Hard Drive?

Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:46 am

I got a new 40GB hard drive and currently I only have flightsim in it. FS runs incredibly smooth. So, As long as I don't put any programs that my computer will constantly need to access in this new HD, the performance should still be as good, right? (One HD for Games, the other one for the everything else)

777DadandJr

RE: Running FS In Its Own Hard Drive?

Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:14 am

I also have a dedicated drive just for FS. As a matter of fact, I have one hard drive for Windows and some core applications. My second hard drive is for my other applications and storage, and the third is for FS and any add ons.
To answer your question, FS will run probably run a bit better on it's own drive. That is of course, assuming you have enough memory. If your machine is using a "page file" on that drive, it could slow down performance on all apps running.
Since FS will load into memory when you start it, anything that accesses the memory while you are using FS could potentially slow down your performance.

Russ
My glass is neither 1/2 empty nor 1/2 full, rather, the glass itself is twice as big as it should be.